0 Guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0 Guage

I was wondering if anyone had put 0 guage in the car for a power source for the amp

just use 4

Comment

yea gonna rewire my wohle system when i get back so i have somthing to do and do my door handle conversion along with the diy grill try to finish all in 1 day

Comment

4 guage is ok for most applications, but if you're pushing good power, look at rms, not that max crap that gets you to buy stuff from best buy and circuit city. I was at best buy just today lookin around, and they were selling a 1200 watt amp for like 300 bucks. I was like "no way", so i looked further down the spec sheet, and it said like 200x2 continuous! what a load of shit! Anyway back on topic, if you are running multiple amps totalling over 1000 watts or so CONTINUOUS power, look more into 2 guage. Then you can use a distribution block and make into multiple 4-guages, which is what I do. There is a diagram somewhere on the internet that takes in total length of wire and power consumption and gives you a good estimate of what guage wire to use. Hope that helps.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
        Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
        Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

Thanx alot man i appriciate the input

Comment

I am running 1/0 gauge wire in my car. Im using it because i am doing well over 1K watts RMS. Im running a JL 1000/1 and a 12W7 for bass, so you well know its needed. Its a bit tricky to run, but its not that bad. I ran the wire throught the Passanger foot area (through the fire wall) along side the car, and into the rear area.

Comment

Working...
            X