How to set up a battery voltage meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set up a battery voltage meter

I was just wondering if anybody had done this before. I think it'd be a neat custom addition to my car, but I have no idea where to start. Ideas / Examples welcomed.

And the ninjas had sweet victory, and there was much rejoicing.

I wired my to a wire behind the radio that goes to a light bulb

Comment

i ran a pos directly from the batt to the voltmeter

Comment

And how much did you pay for a voltage meter? Where'd you get it?

And the ninjas had sweet victory, and there was much rejoicing.

Comment

here's a start. i mounted a digital voltmeter in the other spare button on the dash by removing the plastic cover, putting the meter in and then double side taped it to a piece of smoked plexiglass/arcylic. see the 11.5 figure..? it's there. i wired it up from a rear power source, tapped one of my head unit wires. ground to body, screwed it down. easy

i got the voltmeter from a battery distribution block commonly used for audio setups. try getting a small one.

Comment

here's how i did it, easier to remove ur dash. a lot of screws, be careful. i did this while modding my climate control.

fits better.

Comment

Nice setup. Right hand drive!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPwrdAccord
                And how much did you pay for a voltage meter? Where'd you get it?
                Its an analog one I got of an amp.

Comment

whats the point of having a voltage meter hooked up to your battery? wont it just deplace 12 volts constantly?

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Comment

isnt the voltage on accessory power and the voltage of direct battery different?

i cant seem to find a small led voltmeter anywhere
                    93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

okay then let me revise my question...what are you guys trying to acomplish with a voltmeter in your car?

Comment

my post wasnt actually directed at you but rather the other people who already have hooked up voltmeters

your battery will hardly ever display 12v, it jumps around all over the place and stays above 12v for the most part

personally, i want a voltmeter so i can monitor my batterys condition since im running a computer in my car

its really only relevant if youre having battery problems or if youre running high powered aftermarket equipment
                        93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

oh, okay...is there any way to check the amount of juice that is in your battery at a specific time? i dont think there is...but i thought id ask anyways

Comment

I bought a Stinger Digital volt meter. The way it I wired it up is, I had the constant go straight to the battery, and the grounds, wired together and go to a ground. The last 2 wires are the Remote and the dimmer. The remote is fused to the ignition (only works when car is on) and the dimmer wire goes to the dimmer switch for the gauges.

Comment

stinger is pretty pricey
                              60 bucks is more than id like to spend on something as simple as a voltmeter
                              93 Accord LXA AT

Comment

Working...
                              X