Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

block build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

block build up

i would like to know if its possible to use and aftermarket H23 piston in a F22 motor and get it bored to the size of the pistons. i know the two motors use the same crank and rod length so i guess that means i can use H23 aftermarket rods. this would be nice to know. and then im wondering if there are any stroker kits made for the H23 and if they would work with the F22 sounds to me that they should.

i found out that to bore the f22 to the same bore as the h23 pistons would be too much. so i came up with another idea to get some more displacement... will the f23 crank work in the f22 to give it a longer stroke?anyone know about this a little help with this...

Comment

F22 already has a 95 mm stroke, why do you want to increase it? It won't be much of a high-rev engine if so. We already have a 1.49:1 stroke-rod ratio for our F22s. I'm thinking you're probably looking for more low-end power & torque?

What you specifcally looking for here??
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        F22 already has a 95 mm stroke, why do you want to increase it? It won't be much of a high-rev engine if so. We already have a 1.49:1 stroke-rod ratio for our F22s. I'm thinking you're probably looking for more low-end power & torque?

What you specifcally looking for here??
        HOndafan81, you seems to be an expert at honda engine especially F22.

ANyway, I need a little help. As I know, F22 cylinder is made of iron, am I correct? PLease corerct me if I am wrong.

So, is that neccessary to resleeve if I decide to replace my pistons, H-rod with stronger stuff such forged pistons & rod, should I touch the cylinder walls?
        I plan on boosting my F22B1 a little bit, probably 8lb -10lb the most since it's my daily driving car plus, my current engine starts to wear out and I have to rebuilt it no matter what.

I would like to hear your opinions or whoever has better suggestion for my setup.

Comment

We have iron ductile sleeves. U can literally slap forged pistons in them and have no problems BUT!...but you may want to have the cylinder walls checked out and honed if necessary. That will change the piston to wall clearance by .5mm probably so u'll need to order the correct piston bore to get a good sturdy block. So get the block first have it checked out and measured then get the pistons. I know of no stroker kits for the h23 as of yet...the only h series companies care about is the h22. Also the rods in the f22's are good for 12psi with good fuel and engine management. Ask the guys on accordinglydone.com they'll tell u. Some push 14psi on stock blocks = 265-275whp.

Busychild i'd like to know why u want to stroke and bore the engine out that much too. It has been done...just not with stock sleeves
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            We have iron ductile sleeves. U can literally slap forged pistons in them and have no problems BUT!...but you may want to have the cylinder walls checked out and honed if necessary. That will change the piston to wall clearance by .5mm probably so u'll need to order the correct piston bore to get a good sturdy block. So get the block first have it checked out and measured then get the pistons. I know of no stroker kits for the h23 as of yet...the only h series companies care about is the h22. Also the rods in the f22's are good for 12psi with good fuel and engine management. Ask the guys on accordinglydone.com they'll tell u. Some push 14psi on stock blocks = 265-275whp.

Busychild i'd like to know why u want to stroke and bore the engine out that much too. It has been done...just not with stock sleeves

^Thanks for the input. All I have to do is to measure the cylinder walls ID, right? WHat company will do custom pistons or there is any available in market if I tell the company my current cylinder wall ID?

Comment

rosspistons.com, wiseco.com, and one more but i always forget what it is

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i just want to build the f22 out to as much power as i can squeez out. so im think of every last little thing i want to see how much i can get out of this engine n/a. but with the option to also see the power turbo.

Comment

unfortunately ur talking about two different worlds there. The prob with making an all out all-motor beast is u have to raise the compression and the head will be made not to flow mass quantities of air but rather flow high rates of air. For that kind of a project u'd save alot more money by just buying two engines IMO. I mean if its a mild n/a build up then thats fine like tossing in high compression pistons but the strength of an n/a rod vs. a turbo rod are different. You know what?...there are just too many different variables lol.

Comment

busychild:

Sorry, but I just noticed your response on this...that's why I haven't answered. Been busy going an engine swap for a Ford truck here lately too (first time & I'm learning, but it's going ) Anyhow, I'm down with what Midnite is saying. Yes, our sleeves are iron and installing aftermarket pistons is not a prob. However, like he said, take it to your machine shop and have them tell you how much needs to be bored/honed to prepare for pistons. From that point you can determine what piston bore to go with. Yea, make up your mind on whether you're going NA or turbo if you can't afford two motors. You can do it NA at first, but you can't go extreme and actually will have to design it to flow a bit better but for turbo purposes (just no turbo yet). Then, turbo it later. Make sure you go turbo cams too or keep the stock ones. Don't go get an NA cam using for a turbo setup...less u somehow worked it to be that way.

anyways, hit me on AIM AccordEXSE or PM me
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                    X