Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Built motor= faster car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built motor= faster car??

So yeah I just had a question. I want to build my motor. Does this make it any faster? Seems like a dumb question but im confused. i know when you boost you should so it doesnt blow up but still.

I'm looking to get:

New head studs
    New pistons
    new rods
    new bearings
    new valve springs

If I replace these things will it make my car better? faster? etc?

if you get high compression pistons it'll be faster. get some flat-faced valves to up the compression a point or two. get a cam, that'll make a difference.

Comment

usally when you build for nitrous or turbo, you want to lower the compression, which will not make your car faster. but with higher compression, you can gain more power with less pressure from the turbo.
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Springs And Valves
        Will Give U Limitied Hp

The Reason U Put Them Is Not To Make Power
        Is To Handle The Power Thats Coming

Lets Say A Engine's Valve Train Can Be Forced Till 7k Rpms

By Putting Valves And Springs, U Can Rev Without The Thought That A Valve Will Drop Or Something Like That
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

You can still run nitrous on a somewhat high compression.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

interesting.

Comment

putting forged pistons and rods in a motor more or less adds reliability to the engine so you can put more hp in it.
              OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

killer bearings can reduce the amount of frictional drag and add longevity to a built motor.

forged internals can be lighter and already mentioned but be more reliable under forced induction.

flat faced valves will NOT increase compression by a point, maybe like half a point. valve springs will help with a beefier cam and result in a snappier motor. also can rev higher without floating the valves.

ARP hardware is just security for the motor.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                X