Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

es oval or magnaflow oval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

es oval or magnaflow oval?

ok so i think im gonna go with an oval muffler with a 24 inch resonator too. but now im having trouble choosing what muffler. i was plaing on getting the es oval but i dont want it to be to small plus i can get the magnaflow for like 20 bucks cheeper from kteller site. i want to see what your opnions where on it. i have the dunk right now and it kinda loud and it freekin huge. i also was considering the new tanabe universal hyper medalion muffler.
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Magnaflow is a good quality muffler, stainless steel, good sound, lots of shapes and sizes to choose from, got duals on the 04 accord ex, and one on the 93 accord.
    http://members.cardomain.com/jerizzle

Comment

Re: es oval or magnaflow oval?

Originally posted by 92accordDx
      ok so i think im gonna go with an oval muffler with a 24 inch resonator too. but now im having trouble choosing what muffler. i was plaing on getting the es oval but i dont want it to be to small plus i can get the magnaflow for like 20 bucks cheeper from kteller site. i want to see what your opnions where on it. i have the dunk right now and it kinda loud and it freekin huge. i also was considering the new tanabe universal hyper medalion muffler.
      What's the NEW tanabe universal hyper medallion?

Def. go with the 24 inch resonator, mines 18 from an acura comptech exhaust system and it's still sorta loud. I would get the magnaflow, the sound is really good and I don't think you will be dissapointed.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

yea i ended up ordering a magnalfow 2.5 oval muffler and a 22 inch resonator just waiting for it to get here ill post pics when im get it on
        cb7 sold

Comment

i think i have the same resonator as you got. 22" x 4" w/2.5" core.

only thing is, for me anyways, it didnt lower it much at all. it made it alot deeper, but it didnt quiet it down much... i still have to ride with the silencer on. although i also have a 3" in/out muffler with a 4.5" tip, so i guess results can vary on different setups.

Comment

i have a cat too i though you didnt have one
            cb7 sold

Comment

yea i dont. i have that resonator where the cat should be.

Comment

my magnaflow oval is RICEY as hell. and very very loud...

my set up is header - bored out cat - 2.25 in piping - magnaflow oval muffler... and mine is very very loud
                HAN - ZiviCase10287
                Honda-tech - zivicase
                HMT - draztik
                d-series - draztik
                Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

shouldve spent the big bucks on the tanabe i heard it was a really nice catback expensive but really nice.. my 2 cents
                  Beast: Evo X
                  Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

I've got Kteller.com 2.5" piping with 22" resonator and Magnaflow Oval with no cat and it sounds great. But I have an H22 which probably makes a big difference.
                    H22
                    grill mod
                    that's about it

Comment

just got mine installed sound great man very quite and deep
                      cb7 sold

Comment

Working...
                      X