Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

4-2-1 header power gain? DAMN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-2-1 header power gain? DAMN

Hey guys i just got my "Focuz Racing" 4-2-1 header off ebay for my accord lx.... and my exhuast is not restrictive at all... its RICEY as hell... loud as hell... its a header - bored out cat - 2.25 exhaust, no resonator, then the muffler. well i noticed a pretty decent power gain and tonight confirmed it!!! raced my friends 00 cavi z24 and usually from a 40mph drop he'll pull 3 cars on me by 70mph... tonight he pulled 1 car from a 40 roll - 70.

i had to call him and ask "was it me or did my car hang with you a lot better" all he said was "yeah it did" hahahahahah... now my real question is.. would a high-flow cat off ebay and a resonator in my exhaust restrict it enough to hurt some power?

overall - if you have a dx or lx header... get a 4-2-1, DAMN!
    Last edited by DraZtiK; 09-06-2004, 04:52 AM.
    HAN - ZiviCase10287
    Honda-tech - zivicase
    HMT - draztik
    d-series - draztik
    Team Integra - RacinMasonC

no it wont restrict you it will quite it down some what
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

yeah those things on ebay called high flow cat, are really resonators. so that shoudn't hurt your flow.. any pics of ur setup??

My Ride

Comment

edited my post... usually my friends cavi pulls 3 cars on me from 40mph - 70mph.. and he only pulled 1 car from 40 - 70...

no pics yet.... can get them soon tho.. what specifically would you want to get a pic of?
        HAN - ZiviCase10287
        Honda-tech - zivicase
        HMT - draztik
        d-series - draztik

Comment

i would like to see the pics of the header, i wanna get one for the bling bling factor, and wanna see how they look...

My Ride

Comment

I have that same header, bought it about 2 years ago. I had 2-1/4" cat-back and I installed a 2-1/4" straight pipe to replace the cat with that header, and the difference in the butt dyno was much improved for sure.

Comment

yeah, and what probably helped out is my stock downpipe size was 1.5 inches.. we measured it cuz the downpipe was fixed 2 times on the car.. they just used the same flanges the whole time so the diameter kept getting smaller and smaller. so i noticed my throttle response got a lot better and at low end, my power was actually there instead of sorta bogging like before.

overall =
              HAN - ZiviCase10287
              Honda-tech - zivicase
              HMT - draztik
              d-series - draztik

Comment

Working...
              X