Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

NA or Boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NA or Boost?

Alright guys so heres the deal.. My ticker has 267,000 on the ODO so i know a new heart is soon. Here's my question tho.. Which do you guys prefer? and what has a better reliability.. Now don't get me wrong i know when you start throwing power at a motor reliability definitely drops a bit. now here's what im getting too..
    I was thinking one of two routes..
    Either get an H22A and build it up a tad for motor or get an H23 and boost it something like 10psi or so.. So i guess here's the next thing.. The only reason im skeptical about the swap is i would like to do it myself and save the cash but i would like it to have some kind of reliability and if i do it well im not guaranteeing myself if you know what i mean. whereas an H23 i know that swap is easy, my fear is the wiring for the H22A.. so help me out guys i know this swap will be soon
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

Whats your power goal. If u know what kind of power u would like. Then go from there. Both a turbo and a N/a can be reliable, if done right and not cutting corners.

Members Ride thread

Comment

Why do people always assume having lots of miles means the "ticker" is going to go?
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by jm991700 View Post
        Whats your power goal. If u know what kind of power u would like. Then go from there. Both a turbo and a N/a can be reliable, if done right and not cutting corners.
        like 250 maybe not alot just somethin fun to drive and that can hold its own you know.

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Why do people always assume having lots of miles means the "ticker" is going to go?
        well im not assuming im just getting a headstart.. i take it back to the Honda dealership everytime to get serviced and get checked up.. but i want to have another motor ready when this one goes.. or atleast have the cash and know what i wan to do..

CG Coupe!

Comment

Originally posted by blackedout View Post
          whereas an H23 i know that swap is easy, my fear is the wiring for the H22A.. so help me out guys i know this swap will be soon
          if you can do an h23 swap, you can do an h22 swap.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations View Post
            if you can do an h23 swap, you can do an h22 swap.
            i know i can but like i said the vtec wiring kills me

CG Coupe!

Comment

i know i can but like i said the vtec wiring kills me
              It's 2-3 wires through the firewall. That's it. Really.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

like 250 maybe not alot just somethin fun to drive and that can hold its own you know.

well im not assuming im just getting a headstart.. i take it back to the Honda dealership everytime to get serviced and get checked up.. but i want to have another motor ready when this one goes.. or atleast have the cash and know what i wan to do..
                well its will be easer to use a turbo to get to 250whp. ITs going to take a lot of engine work to get that with a N/a and still make it streetable.

Members Ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by jm991700 View Post
                  well its will be easer to use a turbo to get to 250whp. ITs going to take a lot of engine work to get that with a N/a and still make it streetable.
                  yea itll be tough to get 250whp out of an NA build.....but you could get 250 out of a pretty much stock F22 and boost

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                    yea itll be tough to get 250whp out of an NA build.....but you could get 250 out of a pretty much stock F22 and boost
                    yea but it costs more to rebuild my f22 than it does for an h23

CG Coupe!

Comment

boost your f22 and if it blows, swap the h23 and swap your turbo parts from your previous f22

Comment

Originally posted by zigg_1311 View Post
                        boost your f22 and if it blows, swap the h23 and swap your turbo parts from your previous f22
                        lol good advice! yea im still debating i may get it rebuilt we will see

CG Coupe!

Comment

turbo h23!!

I say turbo H23 all the way. Once ya hit 250 hp man you want more!!!
                          If you build an h23 you can do more than 10 lbs and get way more than 250.
                          Hell that is whatg the F22 gets around! SO thats my advice H23 and BOOST!
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                          X