Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2step rpm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2step rpm???

what is better for 2step, 3500 or 4500? Can you explain why. I need to know before I get my ecu burnt. Thanks in advance!
    Honda-mans best friend!
    who said it was a dog?
    PINOY PRIDE
    OHIO CB7's

What the H E double hockey sticks is an 2step rpm, do u revv it 2 times b4 shiftin so gears will slide in easier
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

It is a rev limiter for launching. Not sure what the best it, as it partially depends on how well you hook out of the hole. Mine was setup with anti lag and 4500 rpms, but I got 0 traction that way. I would say 3500 might be good, but that is just speculation.
      The higher rpm you launch at, the more likely you are going to spin, unless you have really grippy tires like slicks.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

feel like I'm asking a retarded question...this only applies to auto?
        ____

Comment

nope. ive had launch control on my chipped p06. it was automated which meant any time i was udner 5 mph, 3500 was my rev limiter.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ok, I think 3500 it is, the tuner told me 3500 was better for a street car.
            Honda-mans best friend!
            who said it was a dog?
            PINOY PRIDE
            OHIO CB7's

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              feel like I'm asking a retarded question...this only applies to auto?
              in all reality this would not work on auto.. unless you neutral dropped it.. not smart..

auto's require stall converters to get your launching rpm correct
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

awesome...wed3k's answer also helped to clarify further for me what this does...I've asked before but didn't really see the value in it...but it makes sense now.
                ____

Comment

There is no best.. It depends on your tires, suspension, and engine setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                    There is no best.. It depends on your tires, suspension, and engine setup.
                    Correct...when I was on a chipped p06 my 2 step was set at 2400, anything above that i would spin, anything below that I would bog. I too was also "automated" i guess, and my mph was set at 5 mph. So it was still possible to do the burnout at the track. though the 2 step was only set that low when i was at the track, it was change to something a lil more streetable and not so annoying when driven on the roads.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Working...
                    X