Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Next set of mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next set of mods

alright guys today my cb7 just went into the shop because i got a great deal on exhaust and header combo. i found a hole in my exahust about a week ago and it just sounded like crap.

i got the RSR exhaust and DC headers with header wrap (its hot enough in vegas) for a little over $700+ installed.

my question is what should i do for the next set of mods?

i was thinking of the following:
    -blacktrax h23 intake manifold (i dont know what stage to go with; any suggestions?)
    -bisimoto cams (probally a set of 264 or 272; one again any suggestions?)
    -bismoto valve and retainers (give some strength for the motor)
    -hondata or some other ecu upgrade (any suggestions?)

what do you guys think?
    suggestions are welcome.

thanks in advance guys.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

any suggestions?
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
      get a p28 ecu
      can you elaborate on why i should get a p28 ecu? im kind of new to ob1 so i don't really know what the benefits are with that ecu?

wouldn't it just be better to get a full stand alone ecu over another oem one?
      UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

Originally posted by DriftProjectR View Post
        can you elaborate on why i should get a p28 ecu? im kind of new to ob1 so i don't really know what the benefits are with that ecu?

wouldn't it just be better to get a full stand alone ecu over another oem one?

You can chip a P28 with Hondata or whatever, it also has the function of Vtec in it. But I would rather go for a P06. It's a lot cheaper and you can also chip it for Vtec. There are guys on the board who have more experience with chipping. But I would do the ECU at last after you installed the rest of the mods you're planning. And then finetune it.

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
        My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Who did the work for you? I probably could've gotten you a better price than $700. You can ask Hectic702 or Pakalolohonda, I hook it up, especially for my fellow CB7tuners.

There aren't very many CB7's here in Vegas that are clean. I'm making 156whp with the few mods I have, you should come by the shop sometime, we can discuss what other mods you'd like to do. PM me sometime.

-Kyle
          SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
          -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702 View Post
            Who did the work for you? I probably could've gotten you a better price than $700. You can ask Hectic702 or Pakalolohonda, I hook it up, especially for my fellow CB7tuners.

There aren't very many CB7's here in Vegas that are clean. I'm making 156whp with the few mods I have, you should come by the shop sometime, we can discuss what other mods you'd like to do. PM me sometime.

-Kyle
            MP motorsports did my work. i usually get better prices from the but i know that its "hard times" at the moment so i don't mind helping out some friends.

ill come visit you at mild to wild.
            UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

ALL dat seems like overkill for your setup to me...

- first off... don't bother installin the adjustable cam gear. pointless on stock motor.
              - i suggest a regular H23 IM swap w/ the Blacktrax spacer maybe. While at it, throw in the Bisimoto IM insulator
              - on the cams... i see no use for anything past the Bisi's Stage 1s on a stock motor. F22s are not crzy high-revvin motors =/.
              - a chipped and TUNED p06 would work wonders wit dat cam. i'd contact d112crzy for the hook up on one .

what are your plans w/ da car? all motor? nitrous? boost?....

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
              My Ride thread
              Flickr
              Originally posted by d112crzy
              And it can only get better. That's the best part.
              All I gotta really say is:
              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u View Post
                - i suggest a regular H23 IM swap w/ the Blacktrax spacer maybe. While at it, throw in the Bisimoto IM insulator
                -
                indeed!.. but before that, why not a h23 head? ..lol, after that ur doors will open wide.
                -:¦:-
                Originally posted by wed3k
                i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

ALL dat seems like overkill for your setup to me...

- first off... don't bother installin the adjustable cam gear. pointless on stock motor.
                  - on the cams... i see no use for anything past the Bisi's Stage 1s on a stock motor. F22s are not crzy high-revvin motors =/.
                  - a chipped and TUNED p06 would work wonders wit dat cam. i'd contact d112crzy for the hook up on one .

what are your plans w/ da car? all motor? nitrous? boost?....
                  thanks for the input bud!

i persoanlly want to boost my cb7 sooner or later. i really want to fully build my cb7 kind of like my lotus exige, then just buy another daily driver.

i really want to buy parts that will prepare my car to be boosted.

thats why i was looking at the blacktrax IM (stage 2 or 3), bismoto cams Stage 1 (turbo) or stage 2 cams and retainers, and hondata s300.

im really big on buying quality parts, i really dont like buying parts on my car if i dont have the intensions of keeping them. i rather build it up little by little then bying parts just to work "for now".

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                  indeed!.. but before that, why not a h23 head? ..lol, after that ur doors will open wide.
                  h23 head why?
                  UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

in my eyes... you got things kinda flips... i see you're emphasizing on your head too much if your plans are goin boost.

focus on block internal work (pistons/rods) and a GOOD turbo setup THEN focus on whatcha wanna do up top. that's da advantage of boost over all motor, you can get away w/ a stock head and still make a consideradle amount of power

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by d112crzy
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

in my eyes... you got things kinda flips... i see you're emphasizing on your head too much if your plans are goin boost.

focus on block internal work (pistons/rods) and a GOOD turbo setup THEN focus on whatcha wanna do up top. that's da advantage of boost over all motor, you can get away w/ a stock head and still make a consideradle amount of power
                      thanks for the input!

i dont really think i have it flipped? mr maybe i do.

i was planning to start doing major bolt-ons and then having my friends from HKS do me up a turbo kit for my cb7.

with consideration i really want to build up the whole engine instead of just building the "top" or the "bottom". kind of like my lotus i started on major bolt ons, then i went to get the engine port, polished, and bored etc.

so anyone have suggestions on parts?
                      UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

Best thing to do is just build another motor and swap it in when it's complete. That's what I'm doing. You can pick up an F22a for like $100 complete.

It's definetly worthwhile to do the H23 IM and a more aggressive cam, it makes the daily commute more fun. I'm currently running a Delta 272 with a stock F22B DOHC IM and throttle body, but I'll be running a Bisimoto Level 1.2 turbo cam in my built motor.

Part Suggestions:
                        -H23 IM
                        -Bisimoto Level 1.2 cam
                        -Bisimoto springs and retainers
                        -Wiseco pistons
                        -Crower or Pauter rods
                        -Kaizenspeed balance shaft eliminator kit
                        -ACL race bearings
                        -ARP head studs
                        -Lots of low friction and heat resistant coatings...(i.e.- Teflon coated bearings and piston skirts, ceramic coated piston tops and combustion chambers)
                        -Hondata s300 FTW!

The F22a is a strong motor from the factory, there are a lot of people on here that are boosting 8-10psi+ on stock lower ends. I haven't seen anyone have major issues with the stock sleeves or rods, mostly just piston ringlands breaking.

-Kyle
                        Last edited by F22Turbo702; 07-31-2008, 03:25 PM.
                        SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                        -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

hey guys, well thanks member F22turbo702 i know what im going to do.

thanks everyone for there input! me and kyle have some great plans for my car.

Thanks everyone for there input!
                          UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

Working...
                          X