Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Repair / Upgrade on my manifold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair / Upgrade on my manifold.

Recently the flex pipe on my stock exhaust had a blow out. I need to replace it and I figured It would be just as cheap to replace it with a performance header that comes with one on it.

Note: ( mechanics replacement cost was estimated at $140.)
    I found "ebay" black ceramic header for $66 total.
    If you guys/girls had any suggestions up to about the $140 mark it would be nice.

Also. does anybody know if you can put this style header onto the rest of the stock pipeing. $ can be tight right now but I may replace the rest of the exhaust, but I would like to keep legal Cat-converter setup, but I may be able to go cat-back.

yes, it just bolts right on.
    As long as your cat is the kind that's not welded onto your pipes.

When i was putting on my header and exhaust, i found out that mine was welded on, so i had to buy a new cat too, but it was pretty good, 125 for a magnaflow cat.

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

i bought a catco direct fit( bolted on) for only 90 with free UPS ground shipping.

Comment

Another good question, would people suggest I go with ceramic or stainless steel finish?

Comment

I have been looking on Ebay and I think this is a good one. what does everyone else think?
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91...QQcmdZViewItem

The welds and bolts look nicer than the other types on ebay. (Stainless should discolor like that when welded... I think..) I don't care about the name, and I am not looking to turn my car into a racer right now, so cheap is good for aleast the next year. Its still not as cheap as the $60 ones, But im not looking for AEM/ Greddy right now.

Comment

theyre known to crack.

im pissin on the game feel like i got a weak blatter

Comment

Originally posted by xprojectcb7x View Post
              theyre known to crack.
              then what would you recomend.

Comment

megan racing headers are pretty decent. ive had this one for a while now and no problems out of it. i also know a few people that have had them for a lot longer. they are also pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by xprojectcb7x View Post
                  megan racing headers are pretty decent. ive had this one for a while now and no problems out of it. i also know a few people that have had them for a lot longer. they are also pretty cheap.
                  I put in a best offer on ebay for the Megan header. Hopefully Ill get it. for $100

Comment

Originally posted by Crusty Crayon View Post
                    I put in a best offer on ebay for the Megan header. Hopefully Ill get it. for $100
                    yeah that would be your best bet man.

Comment

before you buy the header do you have a stock catback? if so i wouldn't suggest getting an aftermarket header with stock catback. it would sound like little bees in a can. let me see if i can find the video real quick

found it they actually refer to little bees in the title
                      Last edited by slick; 08-03-2008, 12:49 AM.
                      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

My 65 dollar header has been good for 3k miles and two 6 hour road trips.
                        wat?

Comment

Working...
                        X