Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

1000 dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT buy any ball joint off ebay unless specifically OEM.
    ive been on those for 4 years, driving as hard as i normally would the entire time.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=113945

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

If you get new parts it can add up quickly. 1000 dollars doesn't go very far when you get what you pay for. New ball joints (upper and lower) and Tie rods (inner and outter) and camber kits, All MOOG cost me around 790. Shocks were around 500. Springs 200. And so on and so on.

Point being, you should look for the most bang for the buck and maybe take your wife's opinion closer to heart. Instead of spending the money on parts now. Save it until you can completely redo an entire system (suspension, engine, interior, paint job, etc.). You'll be much happier with the outcome if you can do EVERYTHING you wanted to instead of going into it and finding the things that you really wish you could replace but just cant afford to.

Some of these things are nice to replace when you have them off the car the first time, like rotors or wheel bearings. lol. Their a pain, but also about 90 bucks for new ones. If you don't figure that stuff in, you'll probably going to regret not being prepared enough.
        Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Oh, and my millage was around 276xxx and everything on my car went out pretty much. So I have over 7K invested in it. Expensive? HECK YEAH, but definitely worth it in my opinion.
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Well I got a H22a/ECU/Tranny and Energy susp kit oh also a new raid fan.... that all came out to 700$ or so

Comment

All that for $700? Nice find(s)!

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by veyvey View Post
                Well I got a H22a/ECU/Tranny and Energy susp kit oh also a new raid fan.... that all came out to 700$ or so
                where did you get all that for only 700?
                Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                  where did you get all that for only 700?
                  My question exactly.

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

H22A/Tranny from a good friend =400
                    ECU from jacobuchanan140 a member here =100
                    Bushing kit from Ebay =100
                    A few parts on the side =@100
                    check out my members ride page for pics of engine.....

Comment

Working...
                    X