Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 vs h23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 vs h23

what is the difrents between the to. outher then vtec

The Race Car

1992-1996 H22 2157CC 10.6:1 200hp@6800rpm/161lb-ft@5500 OBD1 - Japan

1992-1996 H23A1 2258CC 9.8:1 160hp@5800rpm/156lb-ft@4500 OBD1 - USA

If you can't figure it out by those specs, then you need to stay your ass in the beginners forum until you actually learn a thing or ten.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

dont forget the 190PS version that came in the Accords

oh, and the H23a VTEC

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

Yummm....

H23A DOHC VTEC...

or..

F20B DOHC VTEC..

YUMM!!

...if you like NON-VTEC

H23A DOHC..

or.

F22B DOHC.

or..

F20A DOHC ( Harder to find )
        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

anyone know the redline of the h23?
          1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
          _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

Depends were you look. Some places I have seen 7200rpm and others post 6300-6500rpm.

My guess is:
            7200rpm (JDM H23A VTEC)
            6300/6500rpm (JDM/USDM H23A)

This is from what I have read.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

do ul think that i should get an h23 with tranny for 300 and bulid it for turbo

The Race Car

Comment

h23a3 that i have redlines at around 6500
                h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
                  do ul think that i should get an h23 with tranny for 300 and bulid it for turbo
                  no
                  OHIO CB7'S #11
                  SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
                    no
                    nice answer. why not?

Comment

y

The Race Car

Comment

300 is pretty good for the swap, and its better than having an f22a IMO; more tq and hp, higher redline,
                        and its cross-compatible with the majority of f22a parts, so nothing would go to loss. its a great bang-for-the-buck.
                        but if youre planning to go turbo, then the f22 would most likely be the better choice.

ive always been a die hard h22 fan, but after i crashed my car i had to to dish out my h22 fund to fix it.
                        in turn, i ended up getting a deal on a complete h23 setup.

at first i was a little skeptical, but the more i researched the motor the more impressed i became with it.
                        its basically an h22 without vtec; roughly 40 fwhp less, but around the same torque.

i figured i would have some fun with the h23 in the meantime until i can buy an h22a block later on and just mate it to my h23 tranny.
                        the f22a was just not cutting it, but thats just me. no offense to the f-enthusiasts, i know the power hidden within the f22 motors.

i would say just go for the h22. but if money is an issue, than the h23 is fine to settle with IMO.
                        i guess it also depends on what your future plans are...
                        1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
                        _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK View Post
                          anyone know the redline of the h23?
                          7200 and it will go to 7500 sometimes

Comment

im planing on boosting my h23
                            51% motherfucker 49% son of a bitch

Comment

the h22 and h23 have the same blocks and bearings at least, maybe some other stuff. the h23 uses an f22 crank to stroke it out to 2.3 liters. an h22 crank in an f22 makes it 2.0 liters, or thereabouts.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X