Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone Have Oil Catch Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Have Oil Catch Tank

does anyone have one of these installed on there car. if so, how did u install it?
    detailed instructions please...thanks
    Theo-
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

sorry to avoid your question but what is one?

is this a turbo thing

JDMED

buy my jdm part
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

nope they can be used on turbo, n/a, nitrous and stock vehicles.
      heres what they do:
      Oil Catch Tank catches the oil and moisture in the blow-by gas that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and the engine. It keeps the engine clean even under hard driving conditions. It is also an excellent engine dress up item that gives a racecar look. Polished aluminum body with sight glass. The tank can be mounted vertically or horizontally.

they cost like 80-100bux and on ebay there like 40-up
      i think there a nice mod, thats why im getting one.
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

are these really of benefit, or just some dress up thing for show?
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

benefits!!!
          it suppose to catch all the gunk and stuff.
          and if its gona keep my engine internally cleaner then what it is, its and ok mod by me.
          plus for me its ok cause i race

but before i buy im learning more info about it, thats why i wanna kno if anyone has one here and how-ed they install it
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

They are a great benefit when used with a vacum pump to produce positive crankcase vacum. Better then just putting a stupid breather on there. I'm sure you won't need it on a stock engine though. If you get enough blow by stock to fill it then you really need a rebuild.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

thanks Busted for clearing it up for us.
              u wouldnt happen to know how its installed?
              NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Originally posted by theone
                thanks Busted for clearing it up for us.
                u wouldnt happen to know how its installed?
                Yeah it's pretty simple really. It's an aluminum canister that has three openings one on the side that goes to the valve cover, the one on the top that goes to either a breather or your vaccum pump (electric or mechanical), and the pet cock at the base to drain the oil it catches.

You just remove that line that goes from your valve cover to the intake and install it there.

I'm going to use one when I go boost to help the engine with pcv. It will also keep the intake clean. Not to mention I expect some blow by when I go boost, how much however depends on how tight my bottom end is and how much boost I run.

Comment

I just made my own with a fuel filter actually. however I haven't been driving the car much recently and right now it still seems perfectly clean.
                  HSHO #3

Comment

so basically it replaces the PCV valve?
                    i just plug it in to where that is
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Originally posted by theone
                      so basically it replaces the PCV valve?
                      i just plug it in to where that is
                      No it doesn't replace the PCV valve. There is another valve cover vent that goes from the valve cover to the intake charge pipe. you connect it there. On our car that is.

Comment

ok, the other line coming off the valve cover that goes to the air intake pipe. is this right?
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

I wanted to hear from you guys what you all thought about it, I've only browsed by this part in some catalog & was just wonderin if it really does what is says & wasn't some stupid scam.

I can see if it's of some benefit and apparently does what is says.

I like getting people's opinions & verifications
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hey, me also, thats why i brought the question here.....lol.
                            Im gettin one next week.
                            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

you'd be suprised how much oil gets into the intake manifold and impedes flow. Tons of benefits and any monkey with half a brain can install one . Deffinately a good mod . Much better than the breather and also better for the environment

- Nathan
                              Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP
                              92 Civic CX B18B1 Hatch - RIP (126whp, i/h motor)
                              99 Civic EX Coupe w/ 1.9L stroker on the way, current at 121whp.

nonVTEC.com - Technical discussion for F, D, and H series nonVTEC tuners

H22Power.com

Comment

Working...
                              X