Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

clutch and flywheel questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch and flywheel questions

anyone using a comp clutch? how it is? anyone know of some good/good priced stage 2 clutches? where is the cheapest place to get a light flywheel?
    51% motherfucker 49% son of a bitch

Wow thas hella funny, I just bought stage 2 competition clutch and matching flywheel. The clutch is OK, but its the first time I have a light flywheel(10lbs) and I love it, way better acceleration. I used to have stage 2 ACT clutch wich I will admit grabs harder then competition. But with comp clutch, u get more bang for ur buck. My flywheel was 240, they r not cheap.
    VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Is that a h22 under ur hood? U need to get those spark cables under control
      VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

so how much did you end up payin for the whole deal? would you say it was worth it? btw, is it a steel flywheel? did you buy it on there website?, sorry for the bombard of questions oh naw its a h23a1, yea i need diff. cables, yellow......not for me

Comment

you know im in the same boat as you. but i have a guy right up the road from me with a stge 3 clutch for cheap and i have read about 20 pages and some like it and others dont. i dunno what to do. and i dont know anything about the flywheel i have been pming and texting people about which one i should get but no one will answer
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i know exactly how you feel, but i dont have a rediculous amount of power so i do know whatever i get it will be stage 2, and i would like a 7.5 flywheel but i dunno whats best, or pros and cons, just real confused

Comment

Well... I really trust my mechanic, plus he gets better deals then me, so he ordered it. It was 390 for clutch and 240 flywheel, so that's 630 total. And its aluminum cuz its way too light to be steel.
              VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by weldingtodd88 View Post
                i know exactly how you feel, but i dont have a rediculous amount of power so i do know whatever i get it will be stage 2, and i would like a 7.5 flywheel but i dunno whats best, or pros and cons, just real confused
                i have the stock f22a6 so im not in the big power either. im on a budget but i heard that a lighter flywheel doesnt work well
                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaCB7 View Post
                  Well... I really trust my mechanic, plus he gets better deals then me, so he ordered it. It was 390 for clutch and 240 flywheel, so that's 630 total. And its aluminum cuz its way too light to be steel.
                  thts not really a good deal man. the nice clutch i want is 220 plus shipping and the flywheel is only about 120 plus shipping and it could be chromemolly (sp?)

Comment

i thought it was aluminum, i was lookin on the comp clutch website and i think all i saw was steel ones, i may be mistaken, ill look again, i think i will go with comp clutch though, now just gotta figure out the flywheel

Comment

The competition clutch is rated at 350 torque wich is more then enough(in my case) and if ur car is a daily driver 7.5lbs is too light of a flywheel!!! It will be very hard to take off in bormal city driving cuz the revs drop down hella fast
                      VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GangstaCB7 View Post
                        The competition clutch is rated at 350 torque wich is more then enough(in my case) and if ur car is a daily driver 7.5lbs is too light of a flywheel!!! It will be very hard to take off in bormal city driving cuz the revs drop down hella fast
                        what weight would you suggest? btw i appreciate all your help everyone

Comment

Not really Good deal man. the nice clutch i want is 220 plus shipping and the flywheel is only about 120 plus shipping and it could be chromemolly (sp?)[/QUOTE]

Well like I told weldingboy I trust my mechanic(friend) and I went for the sure thing, cuz its a really important part of the car to go cheap on, u feel me.
                          VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

here is the clutch i really want

http://lsdmotorsports.com/merchant2/...a&Car=AC,HO,SS

Comment

i read around a 10.5 or 11 should be good but once again i cannot confirm cuz no one responds to pms

Comment

Working...
                              X