Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Header, which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header, which one?

Which header is better the DC sport or the Hedman Chikara Powerplus?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

I have a Hedman Chikara TORK-STEP hedder, can't complain one bit.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

If you had the money I'd say go Bisi....you'll actually notice a power difference. But, to be honest I had a Megan header on my F23 - 6th gen and it held up well....even under juice. Cheap and if the welds snap at the flange, just get it rewelded.
      VIP Status.

Comment

No Dc

I don't think DC is a very good header for the money, unless you live in California, but if you don't look elsewhere.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

If everyone had the money we'd all be running a Bisi header.
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
            If everyone had the money we'd all be running a Bisi header.
            x2 that is if you positive that you want to go all motor. thats alot of money to drop on a header if you deside to change your mind later on.
            My cb7

h22a
            5-spd lsd
            Lord, grant me the serenity
            to accept the things I cannot change,
            the courage to change the things I can,
            and the wisdom to hide the bodies
            of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

If I had the money I would get a header from Bisi but I don't. Thanks once I get the time I'll order the Hedman.

"The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

That's the thing....you don't have the money, so you will buy something cheap that is known to crack, welds snap, etc. And then what? Spend money to get it rewelded or replaced....when you could've saved your money and bought something with great quality, proven to increase power and probably won't only last 6 months. Just because you have the money to afford something sub-par now doesn't mean you should.

I'm not discouraging your purchase, I'm just stating what should be obvious. But I guess it just depends on your goals. If you're looking for power though, I bet you with a header, test pipe, full exhaust and intake you'll be lucky to see 10hp. Why is this? Because I can't remember the magazine, but they had an article where a shop took an RSX, spent several thousand in upgrades....header, exhaust, cams, intake, blah blah and only gained 20hp. Couple THOUSAND dollars and only gained 20hp. So a cheap header with poor flow design isn't going to yield much. Again, not discouraging the purchase...it will sound badass, but that's about all it'll do for you
                VIP Status.

Comment

Very ture.

To be honest, I chose to not buy an aftermarket header and instead just use the JDM header and downpipe. Compared to the DC I think it is at least as good and only requires mild work to get it to fit. I am not sure if there is even a difference in diameter between JDM and USDM one's, but the DC only makes maybe 1-2 HP more and that is most likely with an already slightly modded engine.

You may even get that improvement if you just heat wrapped you OEM one.

Just a thought.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Out of the two, definitely Hedman.

But, like other's have said... I'd prefer the Bisi.
                    If it's out of your price range, keep saving up.
                    Plenty of time has gone into the R&D of Bisi's header.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                      That's the thing....you don't have the money, so you will buy something cheap that is known to crack, welds snap, etc. And then what? Spend money to get it rewelded or replaced....when you could've saved your money and bought something with great quality, proven to increase power and probably won't only last 6 months. Just because you have the money to afford something sub-par now doesn't mean you should.

I'm not discouraging your purchase, I'm just stating what should be obvious. But I guess it just depends on your goals. If you're looking for power though, I bet you with a header, test pipe, full exhaust and intake you'll be lucky to see 10hp. Why is this? Because I can't remember the magazine, but they had an article where a shop took an RSX, spent several thousand in upgrades....header, exhaust, cams, intake, blah blah and only gained 20hp. Couple THOUSAND dollars and only gained 20hp. So a cheap header with poor flow design isn't going to yield much. Again, not discouraging the purchase...it will sound badass, but that's about all it'll do for you

I agree with you, buying quality at a higher price is sometimes less expensive than buying the cheap crap, and re buying it when it breaks.
                      Out in California, i really don't have much of a choice when it comes to legal headers, you can get carb legal ones (DC) that suck, or run quality Illegal headers and run the risk of getting caught and possibility getting your car impounded.
                      California is a dick when it comes to things like this, but i think everyone should get a bisi, or smsp headers!

are the hedmans carb legal? never looked into it.

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                      DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

The F22 manifold looks pretty good to me...
                        VIP Status.

Comment

I agree yes cheap headers are pretty much crap and worthless. I also agree if I had the money I had the money I would call Bisi up right now and order the header they make. Well guess what I don’t have the money for one of their headers. I also want to say that I don’t think everyone needs a header like what Bismoto make, just to make this clear I am not dissing his header. I am just saying a normal car like most of us drive doesn’t need a header from Bisi. For example a car like HondaFan81’s white project needs a Bisi header, but a car that sees more street than track by a long shot doesn’t. All I ever see when they look at stuff for bolt ons is how much hp. Well there is such thing called torque, and the last time I recalled 4 cylinders do not produce a lot of it. The header that Hedman makes is perfect for torque gains. Their header has stepped primaries and real y-pipes, instead of the usually notched pipe welded to another. Also if you want to get real particular there header (painted not coated) from them cost about 730 dollars. (275ish from summit racing) Also there header is not smog legal. This still doesn’t concern me because I don’t have to have to pass emissions. (In the state of NC any vehicle 15 years or older doesn’t have to pass emissions only safety inspections. Here the link to Hedmans website and summits so yall can see it’s different that a regular generic header. http://www.hedman.com/products/?id=3484&iset=3939&rsku= http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

"The Turtle"
                          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

I have a DC Sports on my DB8. No complaints.
                            Raceline USA

Comment

Ummmmm $730 for a Hedman header? Got to be shitting me....I saw the site but seriously, I'd buy a Bisi for that price.
                              VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                              X