Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Engine mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine mounts

So im planning on swapping the f20a in the cb7 but i need engine mounts. the two side mounts that my f22a6 is using are both tore. not sure about the rear mount.but the question is where can i find a set of engine mounts that arent to pricey and wont tear after a couple years? thnks

My New Ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

I've got a 1 compound word for you: McMaster-Carr

Check out some of the DIY's on here, you can mod the stock mounts, even torn ones, for next to nothing. Just need some downtime or an extra set, that's all.

Comment

fill em with window weld you'll be good to go.
      Freedom Is Not Free
      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

whats that window weld look like?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i've got two i bought from MRX. PM with a number

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            whats that window weld look like?
            Says 3m window weld. Available at auto zone etc.. Use it in a caulking gun.

Comment

Even though there torn? i read a diy about window weld and i was planning on doing that. but i wanted to buy a new set and then fill them with window weld.

My New Ride
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Sure, torn & old mounts are fine. I've personally seen a window welded torque mount, and the weld was filled all at once, which means it was rushed, and it came out super soft, which is not cool. I've had great success w/ the mcmaster carr urethanes, the 60A and 94A to be exact.

Since I guess the window weld can be had locally, I guess clean the mounts up good and don't rush it is all I can suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                  Sure, torn & old mounts are fine. I've personally seen a window welded torque mount, and the weld was filled all at once, which means it was rushed, and it came out super soft, which is not cool. I've had great success w/ the mcmaster carr urethanes, the 60A and 94A to be exact.

Since I guess the window weld can be had locally, I guess clean the mounts up good and don't rush it is all I can suggest.
                  Mine are all filled... They are softer then the oem material but they fill in the gaps and only add. So they stiffened it up pretty well. Prep is key.

Comment

they just need to cure for a day i let mine sit for a couple days before i put them back in.
                    Freedom Is Not Free
                    U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Working...
                    X