Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

rebuilding my obx lsd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Keep us posted, I admire the extra work put into this thing

Comment

thanks. I lost a special spring washer on the mainshaft, so unless it turns up, my project will be put on hold again.
      spin city

Comment

here you go, i did some research also...he sell the bolts and washers for 32 shipped. the two "major" problem areas found in this unit. also is a full writeup with pics.

http://rbryant.freeshell.org/obx_washers

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
        So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

I already bought 65 washers and finished the job, and the lsd works great by the way.
          spin city

Comment

which trans are you running? when you look them up they only say prelude from 92-01 or accord 90-97. i assuming they are the same, but cant find actual part numbers to confirm. quaife shows them the same. im assuming the obx unit would be as well.

is it difficult to rebuild them also? i mean once you get all the correct parts.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Im using the jdm f22b dohc tranny. It wasn't hard for me to do it, but this kinda stuff just come natural to me.

This diffrential started acting like my open diffrential did recently, and today I broke an axle, again. when the axle broke, this diffrential wouldent transfer any tourqe to the other wheel. It was making a occasional pooping sound right before it quit acting like like a limited slip around turns, so Im pulling the diff out and cheking it out...
              this sucks.
              spin city

Comment

oh man ur getting my hopes up, sounds like obx is shitty still. damn, i was hoping to save 700 bux or so by just replacing some washers and bolts.

Comment

a lot of people have had good results with the obx limited slip. just because im having problems dosent mean that its a bad product.
                  spin city

Comment

well, the lsd is intact and shows no sign of wear. I wonder if this outboard cv joint failing could have something to do with the lack of traction. The service manual does not show an exploded diagram of it. I wonder if there is anyway it could slip without giving out completely.
                    spin city

Comment

hmmm, so the unit is still good, but now ur not getting traction on one side.

Comment

shouldve went with quaife. obx and phantom grips are iffy

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

They're also half the price.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                            They're also half the price.
                            BINGO!
                            Im going to have it finished tonight hopefully, and Ill see if the lsd is working. hopefully this axle last longer than a week. dam autozone axles.
                            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                              shouldve went with quaife. obx and phantom grips are iffy
                              have you personally tried using one? i dont think they are bad if you check it before installing. there are people on honda tech that have put over 600 down with the obx unit with no problem.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                              member ride thread
                              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

lsd works again. yay.
                                spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X