Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

The ebay test pipe resonator and ractive header review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ebay test pipe resonator and ractive header review

Welp I just installed my new Ractive header and ebay test pipe. I noticed a slight decrease in torque but it runs alot smoother now and has a little bit more bite in the higher rpms. I have the stock cat back btw. The ractive header couldnt have fit more perfectly. I was able to access all of the nuts and bolts without having to take off the front motor mount. I dont like the fact that its chrome but it works so its all good. Also the downpipe has a o2 sensor hole towards the back so you will have to weld it up or find a bolt for it. I just used a raggety O2 sensor that I had laying around. Only thing that didnt fit was the little bolt up tab that bolts to the other tab behind the oil pan. The rubber hanger for the downpipe was a perfect fit. The test pipe didnt give a bit of struggle either. APPEARED to be decent quality. It also has a hole for an o2 sensor.

All in all the header was great buy. It didnt come with all gaskets but I reused old ones. It had rust on it from the seller but refunded me $40 so I came out with a $80 header with just a little rust which I didnt care about. I dont like nor dislike the cat delete. It made the stock can a little raspy but its barely noticeable...better than paying alot of money for a new cat. Mine had a big hole through the center where I guess it got burnt up or something.....idk. I hope this review was helpful!

u can tell

i had d112crzy's f22 header, then gave it back to him, now i have a4, and it really sucks ass, it takes forever from 5k-6k
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I havent thoroughly tested it yet but for now its better than what I had. Gas mileage will be determined soon.

Comment

i just sold my 92 lx with a a1 to my brother. the i/h/e were done and when the ebay test pipe was installed i had similar results.
        the car has a full pacesetter system and was very raunchy with the cat replaced with the test pipe but the top seemed to be a little more crisp. i don't have a dyno but it was a little quicker as i was screwing around with my friend with his 92 3.4l camaro,I was able to walk away in the top of second and so on.

noisy but welcome upgrade
        96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

For some reason my auto is shifting at around 5700 instead of 6. I think my shaft sensor has something to do with it though. But it is alot smoother. Might be because of the slightly used O2 sensor I bought instead of having that burnt wire O2 sensor I had. Hopefully I will get my gas mileage back to 26 instead of 22. My friend also noticed that the Ractive made it quieter than the old ebay one and jeeeez I did a weight comparison with the two and the ebay one is very light compared to the Ractive. Ill give an update on the shaft sensor issue.
          Last edited by Shag Wagon; 01-01-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Test pipe and resonators are two different things. Ebay uses those terms poorly.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yea its definately a rezzy. Its got the little screen inside with the packing. I also got the shaft sensor fixed and she now shifts at 6k.

Comment

OK and update on gas mileage. Using a barely used GSR o2 sensor my gas mileage went from 22 to 25 but most of that improved gas mileage was slightly heavy foot and pulling a trailor with an f22b1 with auto trans for 80 miles. So I will assume I will get 27 mpg with light foot which will moisturize me.

Comment

You with a loght foot!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                  CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                  Coupe MRT

Comment

Working...
                  X