Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my cb died :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cb died :(

i was siting at a stop light and it just cut off. i tried to restart it and it kinda started but it shook vilently then died, i trid a jumo box when the battery stated to died and a jump. all it does is turn over it. it has fuel and is geting spark, help me this sucks i dont no what it could be,

The Race Car

check to make sure your timing belt hasn't snapped?

Comment

ok i didnt notice off

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
        i was siting at a stop light and it just cut off. i tried to restart it and it kinda started but it shook vilently then died, i trid a jumo box when the battery stated to died and a jump. all it does is turn over it. it has fuel and is geting spark, help me this sucks i dont no what it could be,
        1. ok,so does the car actually start up,then die?....if you have power ex:headlights,radio,etc...then it could be the fuel pump.you say you have fuel but if the pump is done,then the engine won't get the fuel,causing it to stall out.

2. it could be a main relay

3. if your car starts up but has no power ex:no headlights,radio,etc....it is more then likley the alternator....this last one is my issue with my coupe

out of these 3,from what i understand,i would say it's the first.....more info if you could,and i could be a little more dead on

Comment

damn man that sucks good luck on the fix
          to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
          Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

it has power in the battery, so the radio and head lighs work, the car only stated up once affter t died it was shaking realy bad the died agian

The Race Car

Comment

my guess is your fuel pump took a shit.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

either that or your coil has gone bad. try changing your coil and ignitor. and make sure its not from auto zone either.

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
                  it has power in the battery, so the radio and head lighs work, the car only stated up once affter t died it was shaking realy bad the died agian
                  fuel pump

Comment

if you spray starting fluid into the intake and it starts up, runs for about 1.5 seconds, then dies, its either fuel pump or relay..id change the relay first tho dont do what i did and change my fuel pump only to learn the pump was still good but a bad relay..but when you say its got fuel, are you saying you checked pressure at the rail, or ya just know theres gas in the tank? when my relay went out and i tried starting with starting fluid it would run for a sec, then violently shake while it died..scared the shit outa me..
                    Originally posted by chessboxer
                    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Do you hear the fuel pump prime? If you do, the pump is probably fine.

I'd be more suspicious of an ignition related component. I just had to replace the coil wire on my prelude because it was bad. I got spark and it looked just fine. I got fuel and the timing was fine. I checked the resistance in the ignition wires and the coil had very high resistance. It would allow spark, but a weak one. Replaced it with new and now the car runs great.

Check the ignitor, plug wires, coil, rotor, cap and plugs first. I'll almost be willing to put money on ignition.

Comment

could it be a plugged up fuel filter?
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

it was the timeing belt then the oil pump went out and it now sezed up

The Race Car

Comment

Ouch. Time for that H-swap you've always wanted then!

Comment

no hes parting it out, because a new engine is too much and the cars tooo old
                              his balls seized up with the car

he wants to spend 14gs on a new accord

but to each their own, just rip cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X