Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

engine upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine upgrade question

im putting in a jdm f22a into my cb7 for daily driving wise but im still gunna run my CAI, and header/ exhaust. but what else can i do to get a little more performance out of this engine without going into alot of money or building it. cause im building my stock motor already, i just want more seat dyno haha
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

well, you got the big three already done, and there really going to help that motor breath.
    other than getting alittle dirty, maybe a cam, msd, h23 im and spacers.

good luck

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
    DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

hmm interesting

Comment

thanks guys. i mean it will be alright for what it will be. and i do want to do the h23 intake manifold and spacers. but i guess that will have to do til i get my evo III 16g on my soon to be build f22a1
        My cb7

h22a
        5-spd lsd

Comment

i'd say if you can, do the h23 im and spacers before you put tho motor in, will be alot easier to install !

Comment

Originally posted by The-Gr8-Ox View Post
            i'd say if you can, do the h23 im and spacers before you put tho motor in, will be alot easier to install !
            oh yea i gotcha. hell i might go into portmatching just for a little extra lol
            My cb7

h22a
            5-spd lsd

Comment

go for it, port matching does help, you'll never notice it, but your engine will love you for it!

Comment

I'd get it port matched. A H23 itake manifold with a bored tb. Also a Bisi stage 2 cam would be a great add to the build too with a good tune.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                "The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                  I'd get it port matched. A H23 itake manifold with a bored tb. Also a Bisi stage 2 cam would be a great add to the build too with a good tune.
                  im not looking to build the jdm f22a im just outting it in for dd use. im just trying to get a little out of it while i turbo my f22a1 im pulling out. but my question would be do i have to have a tune to run a cam on a stock head or engine at that.
                  My cb7

h22a
                  5-spd lsd

Comment

I think you have to have a tune. It should run, but if you drove it or anything of that nature it could damage the engine. So yes you would need a tune with a cm. Best bet is if it's just a DD then get the PT6, A6 cam, and A4 header. Then boom you have a good bit more power then what the stock A1 had.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                    "The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                      I think you have to have a tune. It should run, but if you drove it or anything of that nature it could damage the engine. So yes you would need a tune with a cm. Best bet is if it's just a DD then get the PT6, A6 cam, and A4 header. Then boom you have a good bit more power then what the stock A1 had.
                      he already has a header, plus he's putting a jdm f22a motor in, that cam is better than the A6 i believe

Comment

Originally posted by The-Gr8-Ox View Post
                        he already has a header, plus he's putting a jdm f22a motor in, that cam is better than the A6 i believe
                        thats what i was thinking but i am mounting my new clutch and 11.5lbs flywheel to the jdm f22a when it comes in!
                        My cb7

h22a
                        5-spd lsd

Comment

you could always put a H23 tranny in your car... shorter gears = faster acceleration... and you would still get decent gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by 604_SE View Post
                            you could always put a H23 tranny in your car... shorter gears = faster acceleration... and you would still get decent gas mileage.
                            sounds good to me

Comment

my cousin's b16 tranny is geared short and he hates it plus omo i kinda like having the long gears, hell right now my 4th is pulling to 120 stock.
                              My cb7

h22a
                              5-spd lsd

Comment

Working...
                              X