Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

IM delimma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM delimma

I have two h23 IM's. One is off an auto and the other is from a manual. What should I do? what combo would be the best? I have an f22a1 5spd. Please let me know. Thanks.
    91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

they're both the same except for the trottle rotor(the thing the throttle cable attatches to on the throttle body) so I would just use the one from the manual car. best of luck to ya.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

but the manual IM doesn't have one. Is it possibly to use the one off of an f22a?
      91-accord

Comment

does the manual i/m have a throttle body on it still, cause thats important, but yes, the
        f22 one can be re-used.
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
          does the manual i/m have a throttle body on it still, cause thats important, but yes, the
          f22 one can be re-used.
          no.
          91-accord

Comment

if i recall, the f22a TB doesnt fit on the h23 plenum

Comment

Just put your stock F22 throttle rotor on the auto H23 IM since that's the one with the throttle body on it still. Problem solved.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah that should work, or just go get a manual H23 tb.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                "The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  Just put your stock F22 throttle rotor on the auto H23 IM since that's the one with the throttle body on it still. Problem solved.
                  yup just swap over the throttle rotor
                  My Members Ride Thread

Comment

WWWOOOOWWWW

what a dilemma
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by pr Cb7 View Post
                      wwwoooowwww

What A Dilemma
                      Lol

Comment

Okay so I'll run the manual IM w/ the auto TB w/ the f22a throttle rotor.
                        What about sensors and vacum lines and hose. which ones would have to be pluged and used?
                        91-accord

Comment

Originally posted by 91-accord View Post
                          Okay so I'll run the manual IM w/ the auto TB w/ the f22a throttle rotor.
                          What about sensors and vacum lines and hose. which ones would have to be pluged and used?
                          use all the same vacuum lines.

#21 goes on top of the TB and the other two go on the backside of the H23 IM

Fuel pressure regulator goes on the nipple in the front middle of the plenum, and if you hook the IAB plate up via vacuum, then run that line to the end of the plenum on the right side, opposite end of the TB.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            use all the same vacuum lines.

#21 goes on top of the TB and the other two go on the backside of the H23 IM

Fuel pressure regulator goes on the nipple in the front middle of the plenum, and if you hook the IAB plate up via vacuum, then run that line to the end of the plenum on the right side, opposite end of the TB.
                            Thanks
                            91-accord

Comment

what about the ecu? would i still run the same one?
                              91-accord

Comment

Working...
                              X