Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

type S cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't the Type S also higher compression? They might be too big of a cam for the stock JDM H22A compression.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yeah they have 11:1 compared to the reg H22's 10:1.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
      "The Turtle"
      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

type s cams have a blu tint to them

JONAS asked this question b4 (research)

the look like they were bathed in a blue solution, they were made from magnesium (lighter metal) to reduce the weight on valvetrain components
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

This gUy says the cams came off a f20b, thas not gOna fIt in my H, Or is it?
          VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

The guy says he hasn't noticed a blue tint but swears they r from a f20b blue top he has the head to prove it. Other then the blue tint is there a serial number or something stamped on them that tells the typeS cams apart?
            VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

F20B with manual transmission gets the Type-S cams with blue tint..F20B with auto transmission gets the same cams as any stock H22..So if his aren't blue, then they are most likely the same as the ones you have on your car now..

Have I mentioned to you that Skunk2 Stage 1 cams will make more power than these cams, not to mention more reliable, will NOT wear out both cams and rocker arms prematurely, and do not require upgraded valvetrain? Just in case I haven't mentioned it..

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Ey ronald! U did mention that couple of times! But either way I got them, and like people were sayin it has a bluish tint. I'm just gona check them out see wat kind of difference they make.
                Last edited by GangstaCB7; 01-15-2009, 10:52 AM.
                VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
                  F20B with manual transmission gets the Type-S cams with blue tint..F20B with auto transmission gets the same cams as any stock H22..So if his aren't blue, then they are most likely the same as the ones you have on your car now..

Have I mentioned to you that Skunk2 Stage 1 cams will make more power than these cams, not to mention more reliable, will NOT wear out both cams and rocker arms prematurely, and do not require upgraded valvetrain? Just in case I haven't mentioned it..
                  Just curious I have an F20B but an auto. Will I need to upgrade the valvetrain if I switch over to the Type-S Cams? I wouldn't think I needed too but from the post here it says that my Auto F20B is running stock h22A cams so would that mean I have the valvetrain setup as an h22A motor?

Comment

Working...
                  X