Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

which setup don u approve of????!!!!!.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which setup don u approve of????!!!!!.....

- * H22 (V tec) project * -
    H22 and tranny swap- (JDM)- $4000.00 @ most

- * MODIFICATIONS * -
    2 1/2inch tubing to back of car- $180.00
    VAFC II- $350.00
    Tires to fit car/ rims best- $400.00
    -spray stock rims (black or gunmetal)
    Suspension- (TEIN basic coilovers)- $750.00
    -make a DIY free flow intake
    -port intake manifold
    -port throttle body
    -gutted all interior/ trunk
    -take out jack/ spare/ other shit…….
    -rear seats (gone)
    -cleaned up under hood
    -gut underneath door panels then remount door panels
    -paint car (black)
    -take out grill (whole)
    -Dyno Tune/ QT. Mile runs

or

- * F22a1 non-V tec (USDM) project * -
    F22a1 long block (USDM) and tranny- no more than 1,500.00

- * MODIFICATIONS * -
    DC 4-2-1 header- $370.00
    APEX`I World Sport exhaust- $460.002
    Header wrap- (2inch wide by 50feet long)- $62.00
    Heat wrap ties- (4pcs. By 14inches long)- (2 sets)- $16.00each set
    NOLOGY “hotwires”- $160.00
    Tires to fit car/ rims best- $400.00
    -spray stock rims (black or gunmetal)
    AEM Short Ram- $110.00
    ZEX dry nitrous kit- $500.00
    ZEX nitrous plugs- $20.00
    ZEX bottle psi gauge- $50.00
    255lph fuel pump- $180.00 (in tank)
    Suspension- (TEIN basic coilovers)- $750.00
    SAFC II- $400.00
    -port intake manifold
    -port throttle body
    -gutted all interior/ trunk
    -take out jack/ spare/ other shit…….
    -rear seats stay in car (passengers)
    -cleaned up under hood
    -gut underneath door panels then put back on
    -paint car (black)
    -take out grill (whole)
    -Dyno Tune/ QT. Mile runs

*im not looking for flaming, but these are the setup i am planning to use, which do u think is better for performance stuff/ gains.....??

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

h22 swap for sure, u WILL not be dissapointed... and if u do it urself the motor shipped to your door with LSD is only 2500 form hmotorsonline!!!!! which imo is the most reliable importer out there. ive been apart of 5 motor swaps through them, 2 of which i did myself and all were immaculant. lol, i have no business ties with them, so this is not a cheesy plug guys,haha. but yea, go with the h22. and all those other mods are a great start.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

my goal is to get a 15.5 or better with those h22 and mods. i think its rational on the H22 tranny and H22 engine and mods. listed.......................
      true, i was ganna get a motor swap and h22 and everthing done for 4k, but i have to use the stock F22a1 TCM or whatever it is that is used on the tranny........ anyway if i do the swap myself am i ganna run into any probs? like i hate to do axles and other shit like that sooo, hahaha LOL, but if i dont have to customize anything ill do it.. do i have to customize anything?
      and does the h22 swaps from them come with auto tranny (h22) and the full swap, (everything included)?

Comment

if all you want is a 15.5 save your money and do the f22 build.

h22's can hit 14's stock, with some weight reductions and slicks. supposedly a stock prelude runs about a 15.1 according to various car sites.

Comment

are them overall project prices?

$4000 for H22

$1500 for F22a1

might want to recheck them, don't add up
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

those are prices for individual pieces......also the short ram = 120bucks, nos kit by ZEX= 500bucks... not i plan to pay 1500 for everything. those are prices for a used engine and a tranny.
            thnx for the help,

i am running an auto so the best time the better for my sake.... but a gutted accord with the h22 and mods. listed i think could get me a 15sec. quarter, the downside is the auto tranny

Comment

Since your gonna stay auto i think you should go turbo ditch the nitrous.
              R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
              My members ride page
              Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
                those are prices for individual pieces......also the short ram = 120bucks, nos kit by ZEX= 500bucks... not i plan to pay 1500 for everything. those are prices for a used engine and a tranny.
                thnx for the help,

i am running an auto so the best time the better for my sake.... but a gutted accord with the h22 and mods. listed i think could get me a 15sec. quarter, the downside is the auto tranny
                You should be able to get a F22a1 for cheaper then that. Does this include internal mods?

But I agree with what someone said before, if your shooting for 15.5...Go F22.

But as for choosing engine, there are many things to consider and it's really dependent on your goals and what you're looking for in this project. A F22 would be more of a challenge and an H22 would get you to ur results quicker with less work....if we talking all-motor here...nitrous is different story.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

nitrous is a add on for the F22a1 to boost the power to make what the H22 makes, but the H22 is fine semi- stock...... i like its power

for NOS or ZEX or whatever i would only use it on the f series cause the strength... but see a nos F22a1 might make the same hp as a H22 but at a lower rpm also the torue amount is ganna be greater, (good for passing and drag racing)...... but i think i want do a high compression F series with nos or a H22, still undecided... i g2g (slleep work and school tommorrow) ill check this in the morning.

Comment

so whats the final answer ^^^^

Comment

do whatever you want, but if your goal is to only reach 15's, keep the f22.

Comment

In all honesty, if all you're tryin to reach is 15's with your accord, i agree with others and go with the nitrous and save yourself the time and hassle of a motor swap...now remember, nitrous is on demand but that bottle has to be refilled....the H22 is only at the press of the pedal. the H22 is more expensive but 5x more reliable. Also one thing i noticed about your F22 setup...you got alot of stuff that will make your car breathe better but nothing to really balance out the fuel/nitrous ratio...i think that should be on your higher priority list than getting the intake and throttle body ported. All those mods help but having the proper fuel will allow you to keep your motor in one piece...you lean that car out and you have a higher nitrous than fuel ratio, you'll really be pissed rebuilding that F22 instead of runnin 15's...some NO2, basic bolt ons, and slicks, and you should have no problem getting into a nice 15 sec time slip...maybe with alot of weight reduction and good driving, you can pull into the 14's but you never know until you try.
                        "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
                        Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
                        20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
                        BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

thnx for the help u guys, i added a 255lph fuel pump, and a safc for fuel, and i hooked up my nos and h23 tranny already itworked out great, thnx for the help....

Comment

SWAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try to find the engine with a M2B$ tranny (LSD)
                            dont do a DIY CAI buy one 3'' , they are 30$ at ebay !!!!
                            throttle: buy one from a ford explorer and bore it to 65mm it will fit with minimum changes and a ford TPS for sure

coilovers?

go cheaper , buy TEIN springs they are about 150$ at ebay and buy some tokyco ilumina's, kyb agx or koni shocks , buy energy suspension polyurehtan bushings and all the sway bars

rims? buy ROTA C8'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and with the diet u r planning to induce ur car i guarantee a low 14's!!!!!!! belive me!!!! with a cheap ass header ( megan , OBX DC with custom 2.5'' collector) OBX cams, camgears maybe a high 13!!!!!! and even more depends of the level of sea level!!!
                            Last edited by accordfreak; 11-18-2004, 06:34 PM.

"NO T ASUSTES MENOS PREOCUPATE TU SOLO C@GATE!!!!"

Comment

danm i havent checked this in awhile.... but ya, i want to do the swap now, but i wanna know, do any of u have the automatic H22 swap and kept the auto... and not used the prelude TCU controller.. how do u like it??????

how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood........ but if a wood chuck could chuck wood he would fuck that shit up.......

Comment

Working...
                              X