Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

anyone hurd of webcamshafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone hurd of webcamshafts?

well ive been looking around just for some cams for my f22b motor all i want is like a stage one applications for a little bit more of a bump in hp. so far ive seen that webcamshafts make some for the h23 and there about 311 bucks a set. now crower just came out with a set to for the h23 but there around 400 buck so i was just kinda wondering what people have hurd about webcams thanks for you help and info
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Theres a few threads about Webcams over on HS, I've also thought about doing business with them but still havent decided yet. But from what I've read, their rep. is pretty much like Delta's.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

yea i know thats kidna what im getting from my readings. i waiting on some feedback from some one that has crowers. i know a couple guys on honda tech have them or are ordering them so im just wainting for some info. 400 bucks isnt bad for a set of cams and there is no core charge or anything
      cb7 sold

Comment

Web does regrinds...

just like Delta...

Although Bisi runs a WEB cam in his F18...

The Crower stage 1, 2, etc. are ground from billet cores...

Crower will also regrind your cams for about the same price as Delta...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

I'm runnin webcams 620+5 street regrinds on my H23...Its definitely worth the money...it keeps a smooth idle, a noticable mid range gain and a very noticable high end gain. I would recommend them to anyone. They actually know what they are talkin about when you talk to them about their products. Someone else you can talk to about WebCams is 2point6...he's the one who referred me to them a while ago. WebCams =
          "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
          Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
          20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
          BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

hey man can you keep yoru stock valve tran with it or what and how much did the cams cost you
            cb7 sold

Comment

They cost me 315 shipped to me...I'm still on a stock valve train for right now...the street regrind i have is the farthest you can take the cams without needing a stronger spring and a different set of retainers. It keeps the stock lift but adds 5 degrees of duration...the one difference i did was when i re-assembled the head, i took all the longest rocker arms (since they all vary in length) and put them all on the intake side, kinda makin like the cam had some slight added lift. Good stuff so far.

2002 Acura 3.2CL

1994 MKIV TT Supra

Comment

really, hmm so you think it would be fine for my f22b just stock valve train even without playing with the lfiters? also do you still set the cams at like the stock setting or do you have to advance them or anything. also was there a core charge when you got the cams?
                cb7 sold

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
                  really, hmm so you think it would be fine for my f22b just stock valve train even without playing with the lfiters? also do you still set the cams at like the stock setting or do you have to advance them or anything. also was there a core charge when you got the cams?

webcams design their camshafts profile to work with factory valvetrains, unless you request a more aggressive profile. it also helps if you have cam gears so that you can tune the cams. usually, after installing cams at stock timing, you get a lumpy idle; so the cam gears can help tune them to get maximum hp out of them. you would also have to send them your cams to avoid any core charges.
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

ok thats what i figured just want a postive answer thanks guys
                    cb7 sold

Comment

primo's right, webcams does design cam profiles as agressive as they can that will still be able to be used with a factory valvetrain...however if you still have a factory valve train, you really can't advance the cam timing too far since if you do, you can have some bad occurences with a possibility of bending a valve...most hondas do have relief notches in the pistons for clearance but that is not alot of room to play with....the most i'd ever recommend on factory settings would be maybe a degree of advancement...i have mine only advanced half a degree on the intake side and its fine with me...as far as core charges, i had a spare set of cams to send off to them so my car wasn't down...call up Webcams and they can give you advice on what way you want to go with cams.

2002 Acura 3.2CL

1994 MKIV TT Supra

Comment

Working...
                      X