Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

balance shaft eliminator kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

balance shaft eliminator kit

Has anyone ever used this balance shaft eliminator kit?
    http://www.kaizenspeed.com/news/article.src?ID=29

a bunch of people here is one

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=28448
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

how good does the block off plate fit and how much the oil pressure it will the motor gain?

Comment

I'll find out some time if they ever mail me mine. I ordered my kit on Monday, it's now Friday and there are no charges to my account or anything.

With the balance shafts i was seeing about 20 psi of oil pressure per thousand rpm. So I can let you know what I see afterward.
        Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

we have one its nice, hoping for some good gains in the oil pressure. its a good quality product - but i would only suggest doing if ur already tearing into ur block.
          here is a pic of some of it installed.
          Last edited by midnightrayne; 07-05-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

HEY I jut got mine in today.

From what I understand it's best to have a machine shop install it unless you have a hydraulic press, since the caps and dowels need to be pressed in place. Is this true?

Comment

its a very nice kit
              LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                HEY I jut got mine in today.

From what I understand it's best to have a machine shop install it unless you have a hydraulic press, since the caps and dowels need to be pressed in place. Is this true?
                I did mine myself. It was easy
                Accord Of The Month January 09
                Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Can you do this wile installing a new timming belt or does the motor need to be out??

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
                  1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
                  1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

^ you have to take off the bolts holding the main caps on. So basically you should do this if your rebuilding your engine.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138864 is a newer thread asking about this...but I'll post my quest. here.

Can't you just take the belt off and leave everything in there? I know you won't reduce any weight by doing that, but you will effectively remove the extra draw on the engine. Will you risk any oil deprivation by just removing the belt? Any other issues by just taking off the belt and nothing else?
                      ____

Comment

removing the belt only works fine for me, on both the f22 and h22
                        1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                        newer race video,older race videos
                        1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                        1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

You should install this kit when rebuilding the motor, otherwise I would go with just removing the balance shaft belt and keeping the shafts installed.

In 3 different F22 motor setups with this Kaizenspeed kit, they run in the 105 psi range for oil pressure. That seems to be normal. None of these setups had any oil system issues or leaks, engines ran fine and are still running.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                          X