Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

A6 intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A6 intake manifold

For my next upgrade on my car i want to replace the intake manifold from the A1 to the A6. How much are these usually going for? Better to get brand new or is it alright to get at a junk yard? and also what all would i need to replace along with it for my car to work properly with the duel runners?
    My Cb7. Slow work in progresshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...80#post2247580

a Full H23 or F22A6 will work for you......

or you could use the bottom half of a A6 and the top of a H23/H22...thats what I have and LOVE IT....

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post

or you could use the bottom half of a A6 and the top of a H23/H22...thats what I have and LOVE IT....
      How does the H23 bottom half differ?
      My Cb7. Slow work in progresshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...80#post2247580

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post

How is the H23 piece better than the A6? doesn't the A6 have the duel runners?

Comment

I just put on the full H23 manifold, works pretty good for me
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

H23A1 (P14 casting) runners are roughly 1/2" longer than the F22A6 (PT9 casting), the difference would be so small, H23 runners would yield slightly better lowend but you would never notice it. The A6 runners also have EGR service ports that are easily accessable compared to the H23 runners, aside from that, they're almost identical. Full H23 w/ t/b would be the easiest to collect instead of gathering parts for a hybrid IM.

Comment

Working...
            X