Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2.25" piping... going from a stock muffler to aftermarket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.25" piping... going from a stock muffler to aftermarket???

how much power is there to be had?

its a bone stock h22. with the stock dual tip(ex) muffler it made 173whp, i think. what gain, if any, could i expect with a performance muffler... if i keep the 2.25" piping

I doubt you would see anything really. It'll change the sound but as far as hp I wouldn't expect to gain anything.

Comment

oops, i meant 171/143.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
        I doubt you would see anything really. It'll change the sound but as far as hp I wouldn't expect to gain anything.
        arent aftermarket exhausts built for a reason. ive seen before/afters, so i know they make a difference.

how restricting is the oem accord muffler? if i got anything, it would be a straightthru muffler or a fake twinloop(again).

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
          arent aftermarket exhausts built for a reason. ive seen before/afters, so i know they make a difference.

how restricting is the oem accord muffler? if i got anything, it would be a straightthru muffler or a fake twinloop(again).
          Twinloops FTW!

Yes, of course aftermarket exhausts are built for a reason. But what's more important than reduced backpressure, is increased exhaust velocity. The faster an exhaust pulse moves, the better it can scavenge out all of the spent gasses during an exhaust valve overlap. I'd go with the 2-1/4" piping, and choose the weld-on that best suits you

life is good.

Comment

i rocked a 2.5" piping to a s2k muffler on my h22. ran much much better

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Rock a 2.5" regular baffled muffler.

I had a twin loop on straight 2.5" piping with a resonator... it was LOUD, but at the top end the butt dyno said there was some extra pull. I went to a 2.5" baffled stock style muffler, and lost the top end but it wasn't that much. Made the car so liveable.

Def gotta lose the stock muffler though. That's like 1".

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
              X