Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

exhaust question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust question???

how different is the 4th gen exhaust system from the 5th gen??? Will the 5th gen exhaust fit on a cb with out modification??? aftermarket
    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
    how different is the 4th gen exhaust system from the 5th gen??? Will the 5th gen exhaust fit on a cb with out modification??? aftermarket
    bump this up , x2 , will an aftermarket 4th gen fit on a 5th gen ?
    93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
    1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
    1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
    1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
    1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
    1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

No, one of the bends toward the back is different. It doesn't fit in the CB's exhaust tunnel.

Edit, there's actually several differences:

4th Gen:

5th Gen:
      Last edited by JoshM; 02-26-2010, 09:55 PM.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
        No, one of the bends toward the back is different. It doesn't fit in the CB's exhaust tunnel.
        Thanks josh
        93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
        1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
        1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
        1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
        1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
        1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post

Edit, there's actually several differences:

4th Gen:

5th Gen:
          i am going to have to disagree with those pictures, bc i have a 5th gen exhaust in my garage and it looks just like the 4th gen picture. i dont think that bottom one is from a 5th gen.
          MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

I have a OE 5th gen ex cat back on my cb. I cut all the flanges and had the pipes re-welded. The 5th gen exhaust is a little bit longer than ours so you have to take of a little pipe. But pretty much the same shape. It won't bolt up 100% but you can make it work easy.
            R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
            There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by flcb7 View Post
              I have a OE 5th gen ex cat back on my cb. I cut all the flanges and had the pipes re-welded. The 5th gen exhaust is a little bit longer than ours so you have to take of a little pipe. But pretty much the same shape. It won't bolt up 100% but you can make it work easy.
              x2, I have a Supersprint axel back exhaust from a 5th gen custom fitted to the magnaflow intermediate I already had on my 4th gen. Any decent mechanic will be able to make it work just fine, only needs a little modification.
              1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Working...
              X