Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

S2K F1 Exhaust On A CB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2K F1 Exhaust On A CB?

Has anybody ever heard of this exhaust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4varoOeFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUPoa_OleE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG_hqVa-KKA

It sounds great and I was thinking...

What would you think about grabbing this exhaust, using all the major components like the resonator, muffler, etc. and bending the same diameter piping to fit a CB's chassis?

I'm sure it wouldn't sound the same, but does this sound like a good idea for anybody looking to experiment?

I'm thinking...
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Even if you use those resonators/mufflers, there is no guarantee that it will sound like that because of the different engine and different bends/length in piping.

I've experimented with all kinds of mufflers and, in my opinion, that S2K exhaust isn't anything special except that it's pretty quiet. You can get similar results with a long magnaflow resonator on an ebay exhaust. It won't sound the same, but the difference will be minimal.

Honestly, the best option for an exhaust is an exhaust cutout. You can make it as quiet as you like and at the same time you can get a straight pipe with no restrictions at the press of a button.

Comment

heh sounds like my old h22

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
        Even if you use those resonators/mufflers, there is no guarantee that it will sound like that because of the different engine and different bends/length in piping.

I've experimented with all kinds of mufflers and, in my opinion, that S2K exhaust isn't anything special except that it's pretty quiet. You can get similar results with a long magnaflow resonator on an ebay exhaust. It won't sound the same, but the difference will be minimal.

Honestly, the best option for an exhaust is an exhaust cutout. You can make it as quiet as you like and at the same time you can get a straight pipe with no restrictions at the press of a button.
        I know it's not going to sound exactly the same, but I was just curious if it would have a similar tone to it on a CB. I've got the F20A DOHC so I'm obviously going to sound different from an F22A being DOHC and a 2 liter just like the S2K minus the VTEC. I know I'm not going to sound anything close to an S2K, but I may sound closer to the S2K having these similarities.

I know the S2K stock exhaust is going to be pretty quiet, but with a high flow cat, 2.5" piping and an 18" magnaflow resonator (which I am getting from my buddy Cisco), along with one of these F1 mufflers, maybe I could pull off a sound similar to this one.

I don't want to be quiet at all actually. I like my car loud, but not loud and ricey. I'd like to pull off a loud exhaust with a nice tone similar to this one, the F1 S2K exhaust.

Ya feel me?

Comment

who cares about that exhaust... lol
          i want this car.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUFFu...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by scotty91 View Post
            who cares about that exhaust... lol
            i want this car.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUFFu...eature=related
            I've seen that. SIIICK!

Comment

^^^kinda hard to believe its stock block and all..

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                I know it's not going to sound exactly the same, but I was just curious if it would have a similar tone to it on a CB. I've got the F20A DOHC so I'm obviously going to sound different from an F22A being DOHC and a 2 liter just like the S2K minus the VTEC. I know I'm not going to sound anything close to an S2K, but I may sound closer to the S2K having these similarities.

I know the S2K stock exhaust is going to be pretty quiet, but with a high flow cat, 2.5" piping and an 18" magnaflow resonator (which I am getting from my buddy Cisco), along with one of these F1 mufflers, maybe I could pull off a sound similar to this one.

I don't want to be quiet at all actually. I like my car loud, but not loud and ricey. I'd like to pull off a loud exhaust with a nice tone similar to this one, the F1 S2K exhaust.

Ya feel me?
                if you look at my youtube clip you'd hear a 2.5" catback to a stock s2k muffler. so i could imagine with an actual "performance" muffler and resonator. try a dynamat resonator instead of a magnaflow and then try with that muffler. it might sound pretty good.

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                  if you look at my youtube clip you'd hear a 2.5" catback to a stock s2k muffler. so i could imagine with an actual "performance" muffler and resonator. try a dynamat resonator instead of a magnaflow and then try with that muffler. it might sound pretty good.
                  Alright, I'm gonna try to see if I can find that muffler.

Comment

Working...
                  X