Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Experience with extrude honing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with extrude honing?

I was just wondering if anyone had gone this route with their cylinder head? Or even IM? I imagine it to work beutifully on an intake manifold but it also can be done on cylinder heads. Just wondering if anyone had done this and what were their flow charts like? Just want to get a comparison between this and a mild PnP working the bowls and before the valves with a valve job.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

probably best be coupled with a port job but that gets very expensive.

honestly, what route are you going to take that necissitates opening of the ports?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I've seen some pricing for a mild PNP and valve job for around ~600- 1,000.
      And found extrude honing for about 600 - 800. I'm more curious as to what would be better for a mild NA setup. I kind of feel extrude would be more suited for a 10k juggernaut or boost set up that needs larger ports. Just curious if any one actually had it done ha
      Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

to be honest just have the exhaust side ported the intake side flows great for even an extreme build. you can gain alot from a good port job on the exhaust side.

Comment

Can you explain extrude honing in a nut shell, never heard of it before.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
            Can you explain extrude honing in a nut shell, never heard of it before.
            In a nut shell they hook up the part basically to a pump that forces a putty like medium through it. There's different abrasive levels of the putty also

Comment

Sounds like it would do well. Basically does what you can do with a lot of time and sandpaper or rolls.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
              "The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                Sounds like it would do well. Basically does what you can do with a lot of time and sandpaper or rolls.
                but in places you cant really reach (halfway down the runner of an intake manifold for example)

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

port and polish should be better. port shape is important and you can't control that by blasting the port with media.
                  spin city

Comment

mild NA setup, id only port the exhaust because apparently it flows shitty. I just worked on Father time's cylinder head and along with the valve job i unshrouded the opening for the valve. all this helps flow, not just the port work themselves.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

backcutting the valve will also help flow.
                      spin city

Comment

Working...
                      X