Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Intake Manifold......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Manifold......

ok, here is my question......

1) i have a ported f22a4 intake manifold and wanna know if ill see any performance increase if i bolted on a h23a1 ported manifold, (my guess is it would be the same as the f22a6 manifold on the f22a4)????

2) what size TB are u guys running and what would u suggest for a mildly modified engine (i/h/c/e/pullies/safcII tuned/CAM gear/REGRIND CAM/advanced timing)???

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

humm the h23 TB is bigger so that will probably benifit you, but humm good question...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

To my knowledge, no one I know has played around with TB sizing enough and/or done a comparison study to prove anything. If someone has, speak up...

When I get this F22a1 all-motor build, I will be using a H23 TB in stock form which has a 60mm TB (compared to 58m on F22a1/a4/a6). I do have the option of boring the H23 TB up to 64mm though, I did find this out. I will size it to what's optimal for my setup, bigger is not always better. When I have my engine done I'll first try a stock 60mm H23 TB, then purchase two others for cheap (get them bored to 62 & 64mm) using the same AEM CAI 2.75" intake & same setup for the rest of engine, header, exhaust as well and see which does me best. Sh*t, to properly do this, I would have to open up the TB gasket some and possibly portmatch the plenum to the TB...we'll see, maybe I won't have to and/or just bore the plenum opening to 64mm & try them all. We'll see...won't be for a while though...
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

k, thnx bro..... get on aim.....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Working...
        X