Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

side pipes on an accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side pipes on an accord?

Hey i was wondering about going with side pipes on my cb7. I was going to do a turbo set up soon and i thougt if i run it and get a NICE BODY KIT what if i ran side pipes, like the roush mustangs and ect. I was going to put glass packs so it would be a really deep sound i know this b/c i have one on mine now but i would like to know what every one thinks on this. Thanks for any replys.
    Cory

its a inline four.... no v8

dont go with that.... wil look ricey to :thumbsdow

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

The only way to make it look balanced would be to have them on both sides. But you have a I4. So, what he^ dutchaccord^ said.
      -Jay

Comment

hey i thought about the rice factor but i was going to run a spliter so it was no problem for having (sidepipes) last time i checked it was pipes not pipe so not to be a jerk but i was pointing that out and thanks for the replys

Comment

might be cool, you do it and we will tell you how it looks/sounds

haha

blaine

Comment

im going to dump my exhaust out in front of my back tire with just 2.5 inch exhaust. im only running one pipie. I just like the way it looks.......rice? how the hell do you judge rice on a muffler location? The only set back is that you will get bad droaning (hum of exhaust) since the muffler is closer. Pretty soon im finishing up my turbo setup and i think it would soud bad ass with shorter pipe and comming out the side.
            Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

sounds cool..dont take people shit about being rice...do what you want

cal

Comment

Shouldve known Waynesburg, KY..jesus dont infest the damn car with some piece of shit pointless mod and what do you hope on accomplishing by doing something this? If you could look underneath the car...it wouldn't work cause if you happen to bottom out...it will hit the underside of the car and drag...

n0obs :thumbsdow
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

lol....werent you the one just telling me not to noob bash...tehehehhehehe

but yea dude....no need for a side exit exhuast...unless its a straight race car...then it would rock.....
                  Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                    Shouldve known Waynesburg, KY..jesus dont infest the damn car with some piece of shit pointless mod and what do you hope on accomplishing by doing something this? If you could look underneath the car...it wouldn't work cause if you happen to bottom out...it will hit the underside of the car and drag...

n0obs :thumbsdow
                    hey do you even know where waynesburg ky is or are you just makin the comment b/c im from ky if so THEN............. i thought this was a nice and freindly web site but what ever now. i think you should go back and read the fourm rules on posting replys. you should have your...... head checked. you seriouly have a problem with ppl from kentucky, i would change that conclusion quickly and write back to me pm me if you want more to talk about and hate ky ppl for l8r ...........
                    REDNECK YOU JUST PI**ED OFF
                    Last edited by japnightrider; 02-13-2005, 02:43 AM.

Comment

LMAO this threads getting funny. Look man, if its something you wanna do, then just do it. Dont try and get the approval of complete strangers (us). However you did ask for opinions, and thats what youre getting.... opinions. As for the KY bashing, I think what he meant by it was that since youre from a heavily domestic ran part of the country, its no suprise this mod entered your head. Just like people have said though, its a pretty useless mod for an inline 4 cylinder motor unless youre running a complete drag race set up. Its mainly just a visual mod if you do it to your daily driver, but i wouldnt expect any sort of performance gain.

Comment

If you want to do it - that's fine and dandy. No performance benefit, but you probably already knew that. Also, you will run into problems mounting the pipes, and also, since the underbelly pan isn't stamped for a side mount exhaust, you will run into ground clearance trouble. You will also have a prety nasty bend (almost 90 degrees) that will impede flow.

It will ALSO be very loud inside the car, since it'll reverb through the cabin as the pipes won't stick out more than 2" from the side of the car....which would look tacky if you did it that way anyway. Also, the pipes will be practically at your ear in the cabin.

If all of that is cool with you, then good luck

- Nathan Morris
                        Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP
                        92 Civic CX B18B1 Hatch - RIP (126whp, i/h motor)
                        99 Civic EX Coupe w/ 1.9L stroker on the way, current at 121whp.

nonVTEC.com - Technical discussion for F, D, and H series nonVTEC tuners

H22Power.com

Comment

side pipes i say wouldnt look good, a dump yes!....im getting a dump fabricated for me....its gonne be loud!

^sold

Comment

Originally posted by japnightrider
                            hey do you even know where waynesburg ky is or are you just makin the comment b/c im from ky if so THEN............. i thought this was a nice and freindly web site but what ever now. i think you should go back and read the fourm rules on posting replys. you should have your...... head checked. you seriouly have a problem with ppl from kentucky, i would change that conclusion quickly and write back to me pm me if you want more to talk about and hate ky ppl for l8r ...........
                            REDNECK YOU JUST PI**ED OFF
                            Hey now Jethro..I wasnt making a general assumption about people from KY. Why would you want side pipes? seriously here.

Have my head checked? My vital signs are good to go hows yours? I never said I have a problem with people from KY...so dont put words in my mouth..I said it was a stupid idea to put side pipes on the car. And when I said waynes boro..yeah you answered it for me.

Rednecks usually own fords and what not..and when i hear about an Accord getting some kind of ghey mod ala ~ side pipes. It makes me sick, just like this one car that this guy on ebay spray painted with Purple and Yellow so badly youd swear the car itself was a really bad offspring of the Purple and Yellow teletubby with a the green one making an entrance. Its like a nightmare when I see CB7s treated horribly.

Yeah I know the rules and reg of the site..its not like I called you a really deragatory name so..piss off wanker.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

do what u feel like! screw what others think! if u like it... do it! i think if u want it to be somewhat similar to the stangs set up, i would get some black widow sides and use the cut outs in it for the exhazust dumps.

Comment

Working...
                              X