Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bisimoto H22a Header Dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pulls nice..

question though..

why such a rich airfuel? (not rich.. but im sure u know what i mean)

Horsepower can usually be generated as high as 13.8afr (depending on the motor,..we all know each one is picky,,, and i am well aware some like it a little rich).. but if its not having any DET issues.. why stop at 12.7?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Det

I do tend to have some det at higher a/f ratios

Even running on 93 octane. I can generate more power by going leaner, I know this because I have, but I also detonate. I would love to up it close to 13.0, but have not gotten the balls to keep it like that.

Since it is my only/daily driver the last thing I need is to do is break a rod, with that said however, revving it to 8K will likely spin a rod bearing or float a valve into my piston.

My engine likes it leaner, but my pistons and rods hate it.

EDIT: I will also admit to being overly cautious when it comes to detonation, I talked to another tuner in the area, and he told me that what I consider bad detonation he considers nothing, especially for an N/A engine at 10.5 CR
      Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 11-13-2010, 12:03 AM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

pull timing...

you might be surprised.. that by having a leaner airfuel.. thus burning cleaner.. you can make just as much(if not more) power then by having a richer airfuel+more timing conbo..

not trying to tell you how to tune.. just giving my .02 on what ive experienced..

the DET also hinders the motor from being able to produce power freely and smoothly..

anyhoo.. keep up the great work..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

No problems at all

Advice is always appreciated, I am fairly new to tuning, so it is always nice to get advice from those who have done more of it.

I really do not want to do homeowork, even though I REALLY need to, so I might go drop timing by a degree and see what I can pull my a/f ratio to without det.

Regards, and I will let you know.

I don't know what tuning software you use, but if you want I can send some calibration files, and datalogs from neptune.

Comment

on the home PC.. i dont have the Neptune software..were getting off topic.. shoot me a PM.. and maybe we can figure something out..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i didnt get to read through everything, but looks good.

you will be shocked by how many people call and say their exhaust is 'too loud' and i tell them to go get the car tuned.. then there pause just sits there on the phone... then they say ok.. and call back and laugh that it made a huge difference.
              KTeller, Inc.
              sale@kteller.com
              cb7tuner-7 (7% off coupon code)

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                on the home PC.. i dont have the Neptune software..were getting off topic.. shoot me a PM.. and maybe we can figure something out..
                dude, your sig is HUGE

deeve has just been deleting sigs recently and turning off people's ability to have them. just a heads up, you might want to edit it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Dyno

Appointment made for Thursday the 18th in the morning.

Comment

^Looking forward to it.

Comment

Results are in

Well guys, the results are in with a disclaimer. I ran out of time on the dyno.

I believe that 5 more ponies are easily still left in her, but my slow ass tuning skills spend the entire hour going from 192 whp (yeah that was my street tune LOL) to the 201 you see.

Without further ado

The reason I had to get off was that the guy after me was tuning for another customer, he did imports and told me that he thought with him tuning it he could hit 210 tells you I have a lot to learn.

I was informed that the shop is having a dyno day on the 6th of December, and will give me half price time that day, so I may go back then and try to pull more out of her.

I found out my engine likes her rich, with my 201 coming at about 12.5 afr. I think I can pull a couple ponies by dropping timing a bit in the top end, which is what I was going to try next.

Anyway comments questions and thoughts welcome, just please keep it civil.

EDIT: for those who cant add, or read it

+10 whp over jdm header with 2.5" downpipe mod

I am + 26whp over stock engine dyno.
                      Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 11-18-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

10 from the header eh? Sounds about right. I was thinking 10-15 on a dj.

Thanks for sharing.
                        750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                        realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

No Problem

I really wish I could have gotten more, but it wasn't in the cards today. I got some good experience, it being my first time dyno tuning.

I really wish I could have picked up some more in the lower rpms.

I should also mention that some of my leaner, and less horsepower tunes pulled 157 tq numbers.

The shop has a video of it somewhere on facebook, I will try to find it.

Here is a link to the video.

Dyno Video
                          Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 11-18-2010, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                            I really wish I could have gotten more, but it wasn't in the cards today. I got some good experience, it being my first time dyno tuning.

I really wish I could have picked up some more in the lower rpms.

I should also mention that some of my leaner, and less horsepower tunes pulled 157 tq numbers.

The shop has a video of it somewhere on facebook, I will try to find it.

Here is a link to the video.

Dyno Video

so you arent disappointed with a 9whp gain?
                            '91ex coupe, modified.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0JsF__KzA

@ConaireSmith on twitter

Comment

Not a bad gain, would like to see if that other tuner who said he could get you another 9 horses is telling the truth though.
                              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

were is your crossover set at? in that video it sounds like the engine does out (right when you switch cam lobes) then comes on strong? for a split second.. maybe a few hundred rpms..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                                X