Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhausts the age old question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhausts the age old question

Okay here's the question:

I like the Apex'i WS and GReddy SP

However, I would like something else, I read down below that Thermal sounds nice, but I haven't seen them online anywhere. I REALLY like the Apex'i Dunk Catback, but I haven't seen any CB7s with them installed. Anyone have anything to add?

DC Sports... perfect sound, all SS.... my personal favorite.

or

Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion... supposed to be on the quiet side and all SS...

only other one I'd consider would be the Thermal...

Greddy SP & Apexi WS are played out on 4thGens IMO...
    Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 11-25-2003, 07:15 PM.
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

I'm looking into the OBX DTM cat-back, but really want to know what the sound is like. Only thing I've heard so far was it was a little on the loud side. Still up in the air on it I guess. I really like the almost stock look of it for my EX
      91 EX 4 door Seattle Silver
      f22a4
      Short Ram
      axle back
      sittin on 17" enduros wrapped with nankang ns-1's
      more to come...

Comment

go custom unless you got like 500 or 600 bucks to burn or save up towards the swap

Comment

Does anyone have anything to say about the Dunk?

I'd perfer not to go custom just so i can have manderal bends, it's a xmas gift anyway

Comment

I got a APEX'i Dunk on my car.

Glenn
            Red Devil Crew - Member 7
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) 5spd swap...100% done. Will post pics soon.
            F22a1-Turbo still debating...?

Comment

These are best prices off my bookmarked websites on the followins exh. systems. hope it helps.

www.nipponpower.com has:

Thermal R&D classic SS, 60mm piping $496

www.adventon.com has:

Tanabe S. Medallion Hyper (SS, 60mm piping w/100mm tip) $444

Apexi World sport $367

www.modacar.com has:

DC sports SS $518
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the replies,

I have one more question, I've found an exhaust on eBay for like $250, mandral bent, 2.5" I think it's Invidia or Tsudo, I can't remember which it was, I think I may get those, since an exhaust is a exhaust, and if it's mandral bent, I'm happy. Any experience with these ones?

Comment

Unless you're forced induction, or you're making more power than most higher displacement engines, 2.5" is a bit large. It'll work, and you'll feel gains in the top end, but you may (or may not) feel a drop in power and torque in the midrange. My advice would be to stick with a 2.25" system.

Comment

hmmm smsp is just right for you bro guaranteed to give you some hp

Comment

no but you may wanna try a smsp and the best part its nice and quiet and has a good rep.

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by jdmishcb7
                        Thanks for the replies,

I have one more question, I've found an exhaust on eBay for like $250, mandral bent, 2.5" I think it's Invidia or Tsudo, I can't remember which it was, I think I may get those, since an exhaust is a exhaust, and if it's mandral bent, I'm happy. Any experience with these ones?
                        Thats where you're wrong, and exhaust is not just an exhaust. What is it that you want for your car, looks or performance? Take your time and get some thing that is worth it. I was going crazy finding something that was quiet, appealing to the eye and put up good numbers. Took me along time to find what I wanted but I got. I was going with the high priced brands but found Magnaflow and I don't regret it not one bit. By the way, Thermal and Magnaflow is the same company.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                        JDM H22
                        Port n Polished Int Mani
                        Bored TB, maxed
                        MSD 6A
                        I/H/E
                        no cat
                        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Read where it starts talking about The Muffler. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te...rt2/index.html

This is from SCC:
                          "a typical stock muffler must have an intricate and labyrinth-like internal flow path to help slow and cool the hot vibrating exhaust gas. It contains baffles that cause the exhaust flow to reverse direction and intermix. These are great for reducing noise but are not so great for having good power-unleashing flow."

"A good, properly sized, perforated-core, straight-through muffler will add only about 1 to 2 psi of backpressure to your exhaust system. Mufflers like the Walker Ultra Flow, Thermal, A'PEX, Borla, Edelbrock or Magna Flow are examples of a good, low backpressure mufflers with an absorption design. Many premade exhausts like A'PEX, Tanabe, GReddy or HKS are also of the free-flowing absorption design."

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                          JDM H22
                          Port n Polished Int Mani
                          Bored TB, maxed
                          MSD 6A
                          I/H/E
                          no cat
                          [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Ok i can tell you from experience dont go with a cheep exhaust i had a ractive exhaust and even though it worked it sounded like ass, now there are many options you can go with a thermal research and development which is a beutiful exhaust that im getting, you can get a apex'i which is a beutiful stainless steel exhauts with a quiet exhaust note, and then there is the greddy sp and evo systems even though i liek the evo its absolutly huge and when i sau huge i mean HUGE dude you have no idea how large the canister is untill you see it in person its ridiculous, i wouldn get that for that reason even though its quiet, To give you an idea of how large it is if you cut it in half you could fit you head in it with room to spare, no joke its the most bulbus thing in teh world so in my opinion and experience either go apex'i ws or thermal r and d, o yeah there is one more exhaust, rs-r makes a exhaust that is dyno tested and is excellent, it doesnt however look as good but i can tell you that it performes engineered and designed in osaka japan. Heres the site, www.rs-r.com/products.htm ok then you also have tanabe's hyper medallion exhaust which is awesome in quality but to me lacks the finess and look of other exhausts. Enjoy
                            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I know this thread is old, but if you're still in the market for an exhaust, I believe 92accordDX has the Apexi Dunk on his CB7. It's a little big, IMO, but still nice... and it sounds WAY better than my custom exhaust!

Comment

Working...
                              X