Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Aftermarket pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket pistons

Not sure if this should be in performance tech, or just plain tech;
    Anyways, i'm ordering some forged pistons because 2 of mine have busted. Arias is the only manufacturer i have found so far that makes pistons for the f22. My main question is that will these pistons fit bascially?

http://www.atomicspeedware.com/ariashonda.htm
    I'm lookin at the 8.8 c/r f22 pistons. the difference in bore is what is confusing me, will i need my block bored or will these fit my stock block?

I've never bought engine internals before, so if anyone has any recomendations on brands, or places to buy them, I'd appreiciate that help as well.

dont even bother..boooooooooooooo

hey go to race eng and order pistons there. they have 11:1 compression 85mm so you wont overbore. it still maybe cool do resleeve since your using forged pistons. oh and kteller has rods for 395 for f22 accord which is cheapest i found.

http://www.raceeng.com

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1
      hey go to race eng and order pistons there. they have 11:1 compression 85mm so you wont overbore. it still maybe cool do resleeve since your using forged pistons. oh and kteller has rods for 395 for f22 accord which is cheapest i found.

http://www.raceeng.com
      I'm looking for nothing over 9:1 compression because my car's boosted.

Comment

go to flatlander then

they have hypereutic pistons for like 159 a set and they are supposed to be
        30% percent stronger than stock pistons and 85mm bore maybe just what you need.

Comment

I'm kinda torn here. I can get a set of oem pistons at a discount because my brother works for honda, and I'd be able to get them right away (this is my only car, i'm tired of borrowing cars) but I'm looking for something stronger. I may just save my building until I can pick up a second block and 5 speed tranny. Thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

I would not put in pistons of the same stock bore, unless your current cylinder sleeves are in great shape. I would go with the 85.5mm bore pistons from www.raceng.com that are 8.8:1 if I were you. This gives you minimal bore on the sleeves for strength and still retains the stock compression ratio. Also, these pistons are stronger than stock for your turbo application.

Installing forged pistons onto unbored/unhoned sleeve...is a no no in my opinion.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

what if your engine has under 40k on it? I was thinking since my engine is low mileage, it would be alright to do low comp pistons without doing anything else...
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i found some forged arais pistons that are 8.5;1 and 20 thousandths over (which i think would have to be bored to 85.5mm). they are what i am going to be running in my car, and the kteller rods for like 350...i am getting the whole set for about 800 bucks which isnt really that bad if u ask me.
                My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Working...
                X