Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cryo treated axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cryo treated axles

for those running the accord monsters, have you guys ever thought of cryo treating our axles so we don't have to buy the $700 aftermarket ones. I am just wondering everyones opinion on this. If you are running aftermarket axles, what are they and how well do they hold up to your power.

Side note- I could have sworn there was a thread about this a while back but I can't find it using the search button.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

I contacted cryoplus.com and they said there stuff improves the metals durability and all this other stuff. It's only $6 per pound.... So running the prelude parts with ours plus cryo treated would mean some really strong axles.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

cool. it sounds spaceage, how does it work?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

they very slowly cool it down to -300F(maybe C, I dunno) then slowly bring it back to room temp. Then they heat it up to 300F and slowly bring it back down. It's suppose to make things incredibly stronger.

http://cryoplus.com/advantages.html
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

cool is it kinda like forging?

Comment

thought about doing it to stock axles but...i think i might just do it to some gator axles or somethin. Theone came up with this thread a couple weeks ago i believe. Basically to shorten up the end result the metals molecules end up much closer and tightly wound to eachother creating a stronger more durable material of the same metalurgy
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

well I remember hush22 saying 2point6 has broken almost all aftermarket high hp axles, and the best setup so far is prelude/accord parts. So I PM'd him, and I am waiting to see exactly what he's running, because I will probably go to the dealership and get that setup and have it cryo treated.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yah there was a thread on this not to long ago. im wondering if it can be done on pistons and rods

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

rods=yes pistons=Dunno
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I remember reading somewhere on here, someone said they were breaking alot of axles, and then they changed their driving style and it stopped happening. i guess learning how to launch better when you have high tq and sticky tires will do it

Comment

i'd say it'd only be worth it on forged internals but maybe for the low...LOW budget booster it'd be ok. Might be able to run 13-14psi on new cryogen'd pistons and rods. Axles only snap if u can catch traction...and loading the clutch is a great way to launch well without snapping axles.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

It was probably mrx. Loading the clutch? can you explain that? all I kow is feathering it, dropping it, and redropping it.
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

hhaha yeah loading it? hmm is it like... im lost preloading it or something at low rpm

Comment

partially engaging the clutch so that ur just barely moving the car. If u do it correctly at the light u can drop the clutch all u want cause part of the power is all ready being transferred putting the car in motion. Its just pressing the clutch all the way in and dropping it thats so devastating. I told phatdoughnut how to do it and he pulled off a 2.1 60ft with it...redlighted the first try tho lol

Comment

sounds kinda like how I do my burn outs. I carry the clutch halfway out holding rpms at about 3k then let the tires start spinning and pop it out the rest and stomp the gas.
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X