Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

wanting a quieter exhaust suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanting a quieter exhaust suggestions

hey guys im running a custom 21/4 exhaust all the way back with a cheap muffler tip on the end its pretty loud and gets raspy when i get on it i want something that has a low mellow sound a lil bit of sound but not loud im thinking about the apexi ws but really would like to just keep the piping i have now. any suggestions of a muffler i could put on the rear to quiet it down some thx ray.
    im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
    93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
    90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
    91 se accord 4 door SOLD
    92 lx accord coupe SOLD
    93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
    92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
    93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
    92 ex accord coupe auto

i've heard the acura RSX type-s muffler works on our cars and is pretty silent. not sure about the fitment though. i'm pretty sure someone else will mention it with more knowledge than i have on it

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
      hey guys im running a custom 21/4 exhaust all the way back with a cheap muffler tip on the end its pretty loud and gets raspy when i get on it i want something that has a low mellow sound a lil bit of sound but not loud im thinking about the apexi ws but really would like to just keep the piping i have now. any suggestions of a muffler i could put on the rear to quiet it down some thx ray.
      thrush turbo muffler

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

im also running a hi flow cat to not sure if it will make difference and im gettin ready to drop in my h22 anyways keep the suggestions coming guys thx ray.
        90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
        91 se accord 4 door SOLD
        92 lx accord coupe SOLD
        93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
        92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
          im also running a hi flow cat to not sure if it will make difference and im gettin ready to drop in my h22 anyways keep the suggestions coming guys thx ray.
          i have got a cherry bomb turbo muffler with a two inch inlet ill sell you for almost nothin o and you dont have a muffler on your car?

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
          bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

thx man but the shipping would be more than i can just pick a new one up for at vatozone
            90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
            91 se accord 4 door SOLD
            92 lx accord coupe SOLD
            93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
            92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

why don't you just save up and buy a full catback system like the apexi ws2, greddy sp, or the tanabe hyper medallion? keep going custom and you'll keep sounding like a lawnmower.
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

just go with a WS1 or a WS2

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

i have the ws1 on the h22....it's quiet when ur crusin, mean when ur on it
                  JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

thats what i want about how much will a kit cost me guys thx ray.the apexi ws2 thx.
                    90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                    91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                    92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                    93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                    92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

if you don't want to spend 500 on just an exhaust, i'll suggest getting a resonator for now. research more before you buy. i'm pretty sure a few guys with the ws1/ws2 have sound clips you can listen to. i have a greddy evo1 and i love it. i have a vid clip if you want to see it.

Rice or not. Cb7's will never die.

Comment

you can easily achieve a quiet tone like a bolt on catback by going custom, just make sure you have a resonator and a decent muffler like a magnaflow, not a straight thru design like you probably have now.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Here's my custom set up: I've got two resonators on my car, one is a 20", the other is a 10", which leads to a high flow, straight thru Magnaflow muffler. I still have a bit of noise, but it's all deep and mellow. I have no raspy, farting, buzzing at all (which I hate). Everyone that's heard it is quite impressed.

If you have the $$ for a cat back system, like the WS, then by all means. The only reason I didn't go that route is because I don't like the single tip designs. For me, the dual 3" oval tips on my Magnaflow suit the car awesome, plus it's low key, which means no hassle from the cops
                          www.vancouveraccordclub.com

Comment

i think thats what im gonna do for now and save up for a complete stainless ehxaust where do you get the resonators from guys thx ray.and i also would like to go back to a dual tip muffler any suggestions appreciated thx guys.
                            90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                            91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                            92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                            93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                            92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

I have the Apexi N1 turbo muffler Apexi N1 Turbo Muffler
                              600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X