Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

auto exhaust cut-outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto exhaust cut-outs

does any have or ever heard stories about them?

heres a site that sells electronic cutouts. http://www.buickgn.com/electricexhaustcutout.htm. i dont want to get this one, but ive seen a cheaper cable operated one on summit.

Never owned one, but there's been variations of this out for a long time. I think back in the day someone offered a vacuum powered one that opened more depending on how much engine vacuum there was... i.e: more throttle = open... less throttle = closed. My buddy had the cable ones on his old 56 Chevy pickup. They worked good! Drove around with it loud as hell, then if he saw a cop.... INSTA-QUIET!!! LOL...
    -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

yeah those are pretty sweet.. ive seen em before, and if i had like a muscle thatd be a suggestion but eh.. not on the accord

Comment

do you know how exactly the cable operated one works? all i can see from the pics is a long cable and a push button. is it just a really deep button or what? it seems like alot of movement for such a small remote button.

and yea, it is kind of a waste if you have a stock car, but when some car comes up and revs on me, itll be fun as hell to open up and rev back. and of course, its instant power. and after youre done, puch a button.

Comment

believe it or not most of those lil fuckers are ran using a small motor at the end of the ecutout.
          u control it with a toggel switch.
          off=A.slightly open on existing exhaust system
          B. fully shut with the Y setup what i mean by this is that u weld in a piece of piping into ur exhaust and make it dump downward or however u like..
          during daily driving it sounds like ur exhaust system
          race day flip the switch and whala an additional bit of power
          if i were to do this id weld in a stock Y piece before the cat
          so that when i did flip the switch itd be like running open header

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

exactly i agree wit wikked, id put that soem place mid-pipe , so it aint visible and ppl will be like wtf?

Comment

yea, thats exactly what i was gonna do. get a 3" straightpipe, weld in the cutout and replace my cat with it.

Comment

Theres a truck around heres thats done that...flowmaster exhaust with it closed then nothing but headers when he comes by me or some other importer, never heard anything louder. I think you should do, it'd be pretty sweet. Jay
                Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

yeh very sweet .
                  whats even sweeter is if u kept the stock exhaust for that sleekish look.
                  tehehee

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                    do you know how exactly the cable operated one works? all i can see from the pics is a long cable and a push button. is it just a really deep button or what? it seems like alot of movement for such a small remote button.
                    It's a push-pull cable, like a manual choke cable on a carb. Push it in, and it's shut, pull it out about an inch or so, and it's open...
                    -Ryan-

My life is rated R.

Comment

holy crap I searched and found this thread on the 1st try

Here's what I found for an electric exhaust dump:

Electric exhaust cutout at grandprixstore.com for $148
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Bringin it back

Wikked just got me thinking about this...

Now, I don't like the electronic design (more crap to break) and I don't like the manual design (don't want to crawl under the car... street night requires mufflers, and I want to open the valve AT the tree!) So, I want to get/make a cable controlled valve. Are there any availible? 2.5" is ideal. Weld-in is fine, as I'd want to do it to a straight-pipe that would replace my cat on race days.

Comment

shit man, talk about from the dead. anyways, here was one i saw years ago when i was looking into these.

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...5&autoview=sku

Comment

Kickass! That's what I was looking for!

Not too expensive either... If I can find a straightpipe to weld it into, i'd be set!

Comment

u whore.. ^^.. my shit will still be better!!.. lol....

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X