Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

AEROSPEED header?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEROSPEED header?????

i saw this for sale on JCwhitney.com and have been wondering if it is a ood header????

i wanna heat wrap it so i need a stainless steel header.... the DC is cool but expensicve... so what do u think of this???

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...006079/c-10102

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

this type of header is the worst one you can use. a chrome-plated header will not only lose its polished appearance after start-up / idling, but that chrome may actually start to crack and flake off the header. if you want a decent stainless steel header, check out ebay.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

what about the quality of the header compared to DC... cause i know that that might happen but i need a good header with out spending a whole lot of money....

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
        what about the quality of the header compared to DC... cause i know that that might happen but i need a good header with out spending a whole lot of money....
        i'm currently using a megan ss header, and i must admit..for the $120 i spent for it, they're not too bad. it turned cooper/orange, but typical for ss header(s) to do that. but since you plan on heat-wrapping them, these shouldn't hurt your wallet too much.
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

theres a guy on ebay who sells a dc ceramic 4-2-1 header and downpipe for 299 *ship included*. or just check out the classifieds here on cb7...i've seen some headers forsale..
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

ok, coo... ill look around... thnx in advance for the help....

Comment

so has anyone heard bad things about these headers (not more than one on a car, i mean like a set of em, has anyone had things go wrong with them).....

Comment

if u use the heat wrap can you really tell a difference what is the purpose of the heat wrap

Comment

Working...
                X