Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F/H specs... The official H/F piston/rod/crank/block specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F/H specs... The official H/F piston/rod/crank/block specs

Good solid info for calc's and reference and whatnot...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1232811
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
    Good solid info for calc's and reference and whatnot...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1232811
    Your welcome

Innovation = me

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Solis
      Your welcome

Innovation = me
      Just sharing the wealth...
      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

bunch of bastards.. TU rick.. u should post here more often...

bunch of bastards...

since were on this topic u guys are better at calculating this shit than i am

F22a block
        bored to 87mm
        f22a crank
        f22a rods
        h22a4 pistons

what would compression be?

i know pirate with his G23 had to modify the head due to the pistons peeking out the hole too much.. well.. that was with 97mm stroke.. with 95mm.. this shouldnt be a problem..
        so.. if his build yield 12:1 or so ?? was it? then the f22a setup should be somewhere in the 11s.. correct?

just curoius.. i promise.. just curious
        Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-05-2005, 10:13 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
          bunch of bastards.. TU rick.. u should post here more often...

bunch of bastards...

since were on this topic u guys are better at calculating this shit than i am

F22a block
          bored to 87mm
          f22a crank
          f22a rods
          h22a4 pistons

would would compression be?

i know pirate with his G23 had to modify the head due to the pistons peeking out the hole too much.. well.. that was with 97mm stroke.. with 95mm.. this shouldnt be a problem..
          so.. if his build yield 12:1 or so ?? was it? then the f22a setup should be somewhere in the 11s.. correct?

just curoius.. i promise.. just curious
          F22 bored to 87 isnt safe, dont do it...

Im waiting on dome volume specs for each of the pistons I have listed in that thread... Once I have that ill calculate every combination of crank/rod/piston/head you can think of in the H/F blocks

Comment

I could swaer the f22aX block is a closed deck block making it prime for boost. Right?

My Ride
            myspace

Comment

F22 bored to 87 isnt safe, dont do it...

Im waiting on dome volume specs for each of the pistons I have listed in that thread... Once I have that ill calculate every combination of crank/rod/piston/head you can think of in the H/F blocks

its going to be sleeved smart guy

btw.. didnt pirate bore like 1mm or so over? 86mm to 87mm for the h22a pistons? thats also another option..

this is way offtopic but whats the bore of the ITR pistons? 86mm correct? fastwanabe is running them in his f23a.. would make that another potential setup

f22a bored to 86mm
              f22a crank
              f22a rods
              ITR pistons
              pin bore
              F22 = .8649-.8654
              F23 = .8649-.8654

so.. if it fit on the f23a.. it would fit on the f22a oh the possibilities
              Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-05-2005, 10:17 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by 90AccordSiR
                I could swaer the f22aX block is a closed deck block making it prime for boost. Right?
                its the cast iron sleeves not the closed deck...which it doesn't have a closed deck anyways
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

OMG...this is like an early christmas present..thank you rick...YOU DA MAN

Comment

Just because 1 person does something stupid and gets away with it doesnt mean everyone else should...

I honestly dont know what Pirate was thinking running a F23 block at 87mm... I know it wasnt to try and make up for the difference in bore/combustion chamber diameter because he didnt even know that would be a factor untill I posted about well after his build... You can get away with it on stock sleeves for a short amount of time but you are very limited in terms of tuning... You have to pull timing back a bunch and run a ver conservative tune... Not good for power... Any detonation with the sleeves that thin and that shit will crack and crumble...

the whole H head/F block deal is a waste of time... Ive explained why several times on HT... People dont seem to care though, they are either not understanding the things I have to say (maybe a little too technical) or are too blinded by the 'wow, you can do that for cheap" state of thought...

Oh well, to each his own...

As for the solid deck block comment...

No, just because a motor is/has a solid deck doesnt make it better for turbo... That goes hand in hand with the "oh, it has low compression so its good for tuebo" way of thinking...Talk to Dan Benson, probably the best sleeves you can get in the world... 100% open deck... Solid deck blocks dont cool as well as open deck, I prefer open deck... As a matter of fact, Im working on a couple of projects now with a major piston manufacturer and the the block we are using for the first buold is a H22A4 (open deck H block)...

Comment

Just because 1 person does something stupid and gets away with it doesnt mean everyone else should...

I honestly dont know what Pirate was thinking running a F23 block at 87mm... I know it wasnt to try and make up for the difference in bore/combustion chamber diameter because he didnt even know that would be a factor untill I posted about well after his build... You can get away with it on stock sleeves for a short amount of time but you are very limited in terms of tuning... You have to pull timing back a bunch and run a ver conservative tune... Not good for power... Any detonation with the sleeves that thin and that shit will crack and crumble...

the whole H head/F block deal is a waste of time... Ive explained why several times on HT... People dont seem to care though, they are either not understanding the things I have to say (maybe a little too technical) or are too blinded by the 'wow, you can do that for cheap" state of thought...

Oh well, to each his own...
                      agreed that the hybrid isnt for everybody but for waste of time? thats a point of view.. ive read ur posts on H-T and know ur facts behind it.. but that pertained moreso to the G23s with ur main complaint of shitty R/S ratio...
                      why is creating a h23a with iron sleeves such a bad thing? 2mm less of stroke(referring to the f22a) same crank.. lower compression (wouldnt be optimal n/a unless pistons were replaced) but.. ugh.. i understand ur point and then i see the benefit in it as well.. i guess i can go both ways on that arguement
                      but isnt the service bore limit usually 1mm over? i.e 85mm-86mm.. 86mm-87mm etc? or is it .5mm?
                      Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 05-05-2005, 10:37 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

sticky this shit

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                          agreed that the hybrid isnt for everybody but for waste of time? thats a point of view.. ive read ur posts on H-T and know ur facts behind it.. but that pertained moreso to the G23s with ur main complaint of shitty R/S ratio...

but isnt the service bore limit usually 1mm over? i.e 85mm-86mm.. 86mm-87mm etc? or is it .5mm?
                          Service limit is easy to find, just call Honda and ask them what size they have as an OS option... I beleive it is .25/.010, but then again, I dont really mess with F blocks too much so I dont keep track of that stuff...

I dont have a problem really with r/s ratios in some applications, I am building 2 drag motors with r/s ratios far below anything youd imagine... It has nothing to do with that... Theres a lot more to a build then r/s ratios...

For NA stroke is great, for turbo you dont want or need it...

The whole idea isnt a very good one, its just another ghetto backyard deal that will make the cheapo's happy... Most dont care that the potential of their hyrbid is less of a non hybrid H nor do they realize it or understand why... Ive learned to just let them do what they do, Ill talk myself blue to that group and it wouldnt matter "cheap, cheap, doesnt cost much, H head, must be fast if its got an H head"

You cant do much to stear people away from a bad idea if thats all theyre basing their build plans on... The right way is too expensive for them or too much work and scares them away...

Thats cool, Anyone doing anything serious knows the difference anyway, I dont usually have to explain things to that crwod...
                          Last edited by Rick Solis; 05-05-2005, 10:45 AM.

Comment

omg.. some good fucking debate!! w00t!! need something like this.. someone to bitch back at me!! lol (not that your bitching).. ok..

state your reasons on here why the hybrid is a bad idea... it is cheap to a certain extend and it depends on what u do.. heres something that boggles my mind to what your saying

f22a block and a f22b or h23a head.. is basiclly IDENTICAL to a F22B DOHC.. so.. honda made this motor.. was that a bad idea?
                            f20a sohc with a f22b dohc head is basiclly IDENTICAL to a f20a DOHC.. honda made this motor.. was that a bad idea??

you see where im going? i mean i understand the whole hybridization factor but.. its the same thing..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

allright i have a pistons question. my friend has a set of type s pistons that are oversized. now he has an h22a4 he was planning on the light hone to make the cylinder walls uniform for new pistons but the oversized pistons are +.25 right?

so does that mean he falls at the very end of the maximum for that kind of hone?

on a side note is it okay to use the helms manuals specs for this or is there another kind of honing stone?

Comment

Working...
                              X