Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Easiest upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest upgrades

Ok, I have a '92 EX, with CAI, and I was wondering what are the easiest upgrades, such as head/intake/throttle body swaps and the like. I mean easiest as in the amount of work involved actually doing the upgrade. I work, my fiance works swing shift, and we have a 8 1/2-month-old son, so I don't have a whole lot of time to do work on my car. Also, I don't have access to a machine shop, so that rules out the H22/23 head swaps if I remeber the DIY's correctly. Just looking to see what I could do, and, for instance, if the easiest head swap I could do will work well with the easiest intake swap, things like that. Then I can search for DIY's for whatever you guys recommend and the Classifieds for the parts. Thanks!

you already have the best IM for our accords...what about an exhaust? installing a good header isnt hard to do either...boring out the throttle body shouldnt be hard either.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Don't forget a short shifter...may I reccomend ours? (shamless plug.. )

Comment

^^^we'll see how good it is...im installing it this weekend

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
          ^^^we'll see how good it is...im installing it this weekend
          I hope you like it....we haven't had any complaints so far....

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
            Don't forget a short shifter...may I reccomend ours? (shamless plug.. )
            Unfortunately I have an automatic.

Comment

header and exhaust will likely be my next one as well; if you dig suspension, a rear sway and a set of strut bars are pretty damned easy if I may say so myself (in fact I just did)

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

An 'easy' mod would be to get your throttle body bored out. Check out www.maxbore.com , very good service and awesome turnaround time NTM its cheap.

This will increase throttle response and allow more air into your combustion chamber.

DIY oil catch can, its not really a performance upgrade rather a preventative thing. Check out this thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=catch

You can do your own grill as well...again not a performance thing more so an appearance thing.

Header would be easy to do but you have the a6 EM and have the 4-2-1 ex header...not really going to notice any performance gains. There are a probably a couple more things I could list but this should keep you busy for a bit .
                No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Hmm, well, my Accord being dd and all, I really couldn't pull the throttle body and send it away. Although, I do have a '92 DX sitting doing nothing. Are the throttle bodies the same, so I could send him that one and then swap when I get it back? Or if the EX's is better is the DX's similar enough that I could use it in the EX and send the EX's tb off?
                  Think I might look into doing that oil catch just so I can say I did a mod on the engine that isn't just a bolt-on application!
                  Already have a front strut bar, think I may get a rear one, though most of the places around here where I might be using some speed are pretty straight.
                  I like my grill with the mesh in it the way it is, matches the bumper, though that bumper has been a pain in my neck. Also don't wanna do anything that would get rid of my "H"! Don't understand people that drive a car and take off all the emblems that tell people what it is.

Comment

take your grill off it looks hardcore and adds airflow

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Hmm why not a 5-speed swap its worth it and if you can do that thats a easy swap if you have a engine lift and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                        you already have the best IM for our accords...what about an exhaust? installing a good header isnt hard to do either...boring out the throttle body shouldnt be hard either.
                        ive heard that the ex header is almost as good as an aftermarket one
                        tofastfelony

Comment

It's been argued that the A4 would really be better than the a6 manifold/header, although....we're still somewhat dizzy about that. The throttle body's are the same on all the trims, at least AFAIK, somebody can back me up/correct me, or just check hondaautomotiveparts.com and check the part numbers for each engine to make sure it's all the same part number

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

if you got time and feel like it you can always add a short ram or a cold intake, that will give u alittle bit more of hp and some new sounds, one thing you may want to look around and research in adding some bigger fuel injectors. just take it one mod at a time

Comment

Originally posted by foodmonster36
                              if you got time and feel like it you can always add a short ram or a cold intake, that will give u alittle bit more of hp and some new sounds, one thing you may want to look around and research in adding some bigger fuel injectors. just take it one mod at a time
                              Adding bigger fuel injectors without other modifications that require large amounts of additional fuel is an unneccessary expense....

Comment

Working...
                              X