Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how to make more power than

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Im Brian aka 1991acclude. To get straight to the point I have a 1991 4 door accord and lover her to death. Recently bent a valve in my F22a4 and now Im putting in a F22a1 paid $300 and only has 80,000 mi. I have a friend and she has a 5 spd 1997 mustang 4.6 v8. I drove it and it pulls like hell, and he's where i turn to my fellow cb7 tuners. I was think of going H22 but then theres the turbo option. I want to know what can I do to my F22a1 to make it catch up to the 4.6. Swap or boost like 12psi on stock at max all suggestions will be considered thanx.
    Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

H22a or boost will both cost a lot of money, I paid almost $3000 just for my motor tranny and computer, an f22a can handle some boost but unless you go to homemadeturbo.com, it will cost money as well if your car is an auto it is expensive to have it swapped over, my brother did it with his h22a swap and he paid close to $6200 for everything and waited 3 weeks from when he got his motor to when he picked his car up from the shop, I paid $5600 but also bought wheels and tires at the same time and a couple other things. a 98 4.6 mustang is not fast though, you should be able to hang if you lighten up your car, my buddy raced one in his h22a accord coupe (93Acclude, yes we all three have JDM h22a swaps) and he stayed right with it one night and the owner couldn't believe it when we talked to him later. either way take out a loan to get your car fast. and changed your name, you don't have an acclude, h22a people get that designation.
    JDM H22a
    P2T4 tranny
    I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
    16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
    nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
    custom short throw shifter
    Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
    Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
    Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

thats gonna cost you some money my friend

Comment

The H22 is an option, but boost is also a feasible option. You can boost a Honda auto tranny, but you will have to replace the torque converter for sure. There are some companies that make direct replacement converters for our cars and they are high performance, surprisingly enough. Other than that, as long as the tranny is in good shape and the filter screens are clean, you should be able to handle 8-10 pounds of boost at least for awhile. It wouldn't be a bad idea to add a larger tranny cooler too.

If you are able to do the work yourself, you should be able to do a high quality 5 speed swap for around $750. The tranny itself is the biggest variable here because they are getting hard to find in good shape. Time wise, you are looking at 3-4 days if you have all of the parts and a Helm's manual. The first time I did one it took us about 5 days, but we spent a lot of time chasing down parts that we didn't have.

You are looking at about 1000-1500 for a DSM setup, but with proper tuning and driving ability, you should be able to run with or perhaps a little faster than the 4.6. The 97 GT's aren't really as fast as they feel (one of the side effects of tons of torque).
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I say build it then boost it if your just boostin it straight out the box your just wasting your time and money . Have things newand done right when you do it or else youll pay,pay,pay.

Comment

sorry about the name I just had future plans of installing an H22 in my accord. It is a 5 spd and I just had thought about the turbo option. Everywhere I read they say a turbo F22 @ 7 psi is about the same as a H22. But turbo is kinda unlimited turn up the boost more power since the F22 is low compression. I know that high compression and low boost can still make a monster. I really want my accord to run high 13's without vtec I dont have alot of money but I was looking into buyin one of R33accord's kits with a bigger turbo since the option seems to be available. I wanna boost 7-9 daily and 12 psi at max on my stock block now. The are a bunch of 240's around here that are turboed and have silvia conversions and I want to be able to role with them and her mustang so anyone out there turboed there stock F22, and to what extreme. Ive seen R33 kits for 1200 for everything I figure that with a bigger turbo and more options i say spend around $1500 for the other upgrades and be happy, hopefully let me know what yal think
            Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

more power than

sorry accord R33 but turboed F22 respond and all others, and thanx for your support
              Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Hey dude, just giving you a hard time, no apology, if you really want to turbo then buy an extra f22a from somewhere for real cheap, build it with some pistons rods and sleeves, and put r33's kit on there and turn up the boost. the only factor is realiability, i want to turbo my h22 but it is my only car i own so i can't do that. just save your money. it took me two years to save enough to get my motor, install it and put wheels and tires on it while i was working at sonic for $5.50 an hour everyday after school from 3 to close. it really sucked but it was well worth it, people around here in my home town know me for my car and what they heard from so and so about my motor swap, i meet at least one person a week at the races or at the thunder valley drags that heard of my car and want to see it.
                JDM H22a
                P2T4 tranny
                I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
                16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
                custom short throw shifter
                Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
                Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
                Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

Working...
                X