Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22...pfffffffft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22...pfffffffft!

first of all i run a 93 lude Si thats rite the nonVTEC. and yes everybody has there kill stories. but heres the ironic part all u guys are switchin ur accord engines for a prelude engine and im doing the opposite!

that rite the 99 jdm SiR accord wagon was fitted w/ a dohc h23 VTEC no its not som sort of franky its jus a fine rarity @220hp stock there not a stock h22 out there tuchin the low end tork on this elusive monster!

so all u h22 to junkies out there shood put that in ur pipe and smoke it. and al u guys who haven dun a swap yet shood do ur research b4 u die to the hype.

ah yes the very very rare jdm dohc h23 VTEC
    muahahaha...

never slackin on the pimpin

Interesting, I'll let my Doctor Know
    Last edited by Laguna7; 08-30-2005, 05:17 AM.
    Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Omfg!!!!

i was just reading thru som of the older threads. i dont have a h22 but god dayum i have to tip my hat to Midnite/Wikked/Deev/Sparkle/Fear. u guys kno ur shit and im greatly impressed.im new so hopefully i will not b embaressin myself to offen in future post lol.

Keep up the good work... KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

and a thanx to TiTO92E_X for recommending the site~

muahahaha...

Comment

Yeah.... good luck finding that motor for a "good" price. Its been discussed before and the concensus is out:

That motor isnt worth the price tag compared to a JDM H22A. With the spare cash youd save buying the H22, you could invest in some goodies for the motor or your car in general.

Plus.... doesnt that motor come with an auto tranny???

Comment

Originally posted by NupeLude
          that rite the 99 jdm SiR accord wagon was fitted w/ a dohc h23 VTEC no its not som sort of franky its jus a fine rarity @220hp stock there not a stock h22 out there tuchin the low end tork on this elusive monster!
          yes, we know.

Comment

Now if there was just some way to take the AWD setup that also comes on that wagon and fit it to a car in the US... THAT would be something!

Comment

If you can afford it, more power to you. litterally
              Last edited by Accord R33; 08-30-2005, 08:59 AM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

..that rite the 99 jdm SiR accord wagon was fitted w/ a dohc h23 VTEC no its not som sort of franky its jus a fine rarity @220hp stock there not a stock h22 out there tuchin the low end tork on this elusive monster!
                so all u h22 to junkies out there shood put that in ur pipe and smoke it. and al u guys who haven dun a swap yet shood do ur research b4 u die to the hype.

before u get too excited, that H23 vtec motor is also rated at 200hp;
                the jdm prelude type-S was rated at 220hp
                and speaking about torque(not tork can't spell) here are some numbers:

H22 dohc vtec 161.2 lbs/ft.

H23 dohc vtec 162.7 lbs/ft.
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

they're both slow
                  but thanks for the props
                  Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yea primo pretty much just summed it up. H23 vtec isn't anything all that great, it was made for a different style of driving considering it only came in an awd automatic station wagon. its does make its power a bit lower and has a lower redline. Personally I don't consider that a good thing.
                    HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                      before u get too excited, that H23 vtec motor is also rated at 200hp;
                      the jdm prelude type-S was rated at 220hp
                      and speaking about torque(not tork can't spell) here are some numbers:

H22 dohc vtec 161.2 lbs/ft.

H23 dohc vtec 162.7 lbs/ft.
                      enough said right there...

i'll give you more props if you modify your swap....otherwise it's just another swap that yield same basic power to the H22 common swaps
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

wow u guys r definitely sticklers... spelling and all huh.

the motor is rated @ 220hp tho that is somthing im not standing down on. besides that it is mor expensive but its nice to have something no1else has u kno.

nothing like havin that "ah ha" factor. besides teh h23 block is stil better for turbo

and 1lb of "tork" (hehe) or not im still a firm believer that that is no replacement for displacement... if u dont have principles wut do u have.

besides i can always say "my engine is bigger than yours"
                        if nothing else. yes i know its juvenile but its supposed to be fun right?

muahahaha...

Comment

If you believe there is no replacement for displacement, you would have a v8. hondas don't have displacement, hence were putting nitrous/turbos on them to make up for the power.
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

that h23 block is has high compression just like the h22...the prelude h23's are only "better" because it has like 9.5:1 compression instead of 10.5:1 or 11:1. If you can source some information that says that your h23vtec has 11:1 compression otherwise it does have 200hp/161tq but it just comes in 200-300rpm sooner than the h22's
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

wow u guys r definitely sticklers... spelling and all huh.

the motor is rated @ 220hp tho that is somthing im not standing down on. besides that it is mor expensive but its nice to have something no1else has u kno.

nothing like havin that "ah ha" factor. besides teh h23 block is stil better for turbo

and 1lb of "tork" (hehe) or not im still a firm believer that that is no replacement for displacement... if u dont have principles wut do u have.

besides i can always say "my engine is bigger than yours"
                              if nothing else. yes i know its juvenile but its supposed to be fun right?

deevergote, can i be an asshole now??? pretty please?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X