Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I'm BEGGING Someone To Help Me! (Buying a Chipped ECU w/Map for an Automatic) + Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm BEGGING Someone To Help Me! (Buying a Chipped ECU w/Map for an Automatic) + Rant

I was advised by rebels to go to this site to purchase my ECU.

I ordered one last night, only to wake up and find my money refunded because he will not write for an auto. Its a GREAT site and its exactly what I was looking for

This is EXACTLY what I want:

- Someone trustworthy.

- Someone who will look at the current mods to my car and write a program to extract the most HP and TQ out of my engine.

- Someone who has experience in this field and uses quality materials.

- Complete socketed ECU with a few basemaps writeen for my future mods as well.

Please, I have the money ready by PayPal and will purchase it as soon as I contact the person.

I searched this site and I'm sick of the people who treat me like a piece of shit when I ask a question.

The search feature on this site is TERRIBLE, so quit telling me to use it.

I wanted to know if AEM made a V2 intake for my car, so in the search box I entered "AEM V2" and it wouldn't even search for it because the terms were too short.

I used it to the best of my abilities, I'm not the best when it comes to searching.

We are a community and should act like one, help others even if the question has been asked before.

I really need help with this, and I will always help someone if I know the answer to the question they are asking.

If anyone has something to say, PM me about it.

Thankyou,

- Michael

How didn't you notice my chipped ecu sticky at the top of this page...or that in the merchant's section i do chipped ecu's for Fushigi Engineering? Oh well, whats your setup
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

What you are asking for is to specific and therefore impossible. Some comprimises must be made. You can achieve most of your goals but your specific ones will need to be changed. In anycase individual's such as MRX and myself can help you. I have allot of references here as does he.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
        How didn't you notice my chipped ecu sticky at the top of this page...or that in the merchant's section i do chipped ecu's for Fushigi Engineering? Oh well, whats your setup
        I've emailed Fushigi and PM'd him and NEVER got a response.

The sticky above this thread is a DIY and was not what I was looking for.

PM coming your way, thankyou!

Comment

That was a mouthful. I will try to cover all the bases.

First of all Mike, buy the damn intake and try it. I do not see why it won't fit. And if its too long cut some of it to get it in. Anything can work if you are willing to make it. We know that under the hood of the CD is strikingly similar to the engine bay of the CB. So the intake cant be off by that much. I am sorry but you are actually one of the few CB7 tuners who are really interested in the V2 intake. Take the initiative to try it out and report your sucess.

Second, for your ECU, try contacting MRX. There are also a few people running chipped ubers on their autos. They say there is no problems with a manual ecu on an auto.

We have similar cars but we are on completely different boats here. I can't really be much more help to you but I did not want this to go unanswered. I hope you take my advise constructively instead of an attempt to be rude or mean.

EDIT: I must have taken a while to answer, there were no post when I started.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            That was a mouthful. I will try to cover all the bases.

First of all Mike, buy the damn intake and try it. I do not see why it won't fit. And if its too long cut some of it to get it in. Anything can work if you are willing to make it. We know that under the hood of the CD is strikingly similar to the engine bay of the CB. So the intake cant be off by that much. I am sorry but you are actually one of the few CB7 tuners who are really interested in the V2 intake. Take the initiative to try it out and report your sucess.

Second, for your ECU, try contacting MRX. There are also a few people running chipped ubers on their autos. They say there is no problems with a manual ecu on an auto.

We have similar cars but we are on completely different boats here. I can't really be much more help to you but I did not want this to go unanswered. I hope you take my advise constructively instead of an attempt to be rude or mean.

EDIT: I must have taken a while to answer, there were no post when I started.
            I really appreciate the reply, but I didn't know that I was one of the few, because when I tried searching for it, no luck.

I am VERY interested in the intake, and will probably purchase it.

I'm a direct fit kind of guy, and really didn't want to hack up a $300 intake, you know?

But thanks...

Nobody ever told me that I could use a manual ECU in an auto... I wonder why Jon Vega didn't mention it when he refunded my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Bullet
              I've emailed Fushigi and PM'd him and NEVER got a response.

The sticky above this thread is a DIY and was not what I was looking for.

PM coming your way, thankyou!
              thats not true at all because I'm the one your contacting. And i have the emails saved in my sent folder to prove it. Anyways, I've tried telling you before that a chipped ecu on a stock f22 isn't going to do much of anything at all. The compression is so low that even running 37* timing at WOT still didn't net more whp than the stock ecu. I can gain about 6whp and 12wtq from 2000-2600rpm but its at the expense of partial throttle comfort. The only other benefit is deleting the speed limiter. If you still insist and its seems like your in a rush for some reason then contact http://www.ericksracing.com/ecuobd1accord.htm...hell just get an s-afc.
              Last edited by MRX; 08-30-2005, 06:37 PM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

phearable probably doesn't have the f22 map either.

Comment

Mike, you need to relax and plan out what exactly you are trying to do here. Despite, what some advertisers brainwash the public to believe, those parts only give gains with other supporting mods. AEM V2...I dont want to bash your idea but I think its a waste. The ECU without significant mods is also a waste. Get yourself a well spent 300 dollars and buy a cam regrind.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                    Mike, you need to relax and plan out what exactly you are trying to do here. Despite, what some advertisers brainwash the public to believe, those parts only give gains with other supporting mods. AEM V2...I dont want to bash your idea but I think its a waste. The ECU without significant mods is also a waste. Get yourself a well spent 300 dollars and buy a cam regrind.
                    cam would do way more then the ecu and intake put together, not to mention that it would be cheaper, might try a cam gear with the cam and then put a ebay no name cai i actually made more power with a no name then the aem
                    fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Oh yeah, I do have a cam laying around in my garage. If you are interested shot me an offer.

Comment

Thank you guys for understanding what I'm trying to do.

PM coming your way Acclipse

Comment

I'm sorry guys, really I am.

I've not worked on Hondas for 5 years since my NOS'd Integra, and I'm trying to do things right this time and not waste my money... this is why I'm unsure of what to do.

I read in a magazine that I should have my car tuned after I install a bolt on, and that I'm not getting the full amount of horse and torque out of the mods w/o a tune.

I'm very new to this and I went out and bought a Chiltons book, Haynes Honda/Acura tuning book, subscribed to Honda Tuning and have been reading plenty of tuner mags.

This is my new hobby, which I needed badly...

All I do is work, I'm in a lot of physical pain because of a recent car accident, a previous accident and a work related injury..

I'm going through some shit in my life right now as well... hence the attitude and frustration.

My bad...

Comment

Understandable but know that until you atleast have a cam in there ecu's won't do much. To tune the ecu after installing bolt-ons like intake, header, and exhaust just reset it.

Comment

Mags brainwash people so they buy useless stuff. Don't you notice that on every two pages there is a 1/4 page ad? I used to think AEM fuel rails gave hp. I got suckered in and guess what, NO GAINS. I will say that to Steph Papadikas face if I had to.

Comment

Working...
                              X