Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

EGR Block off Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR Block off Plate

hey guys.. my dad is a cnc machinest so hes gonna manufacture an EGR block off plate.. it goes on the manifold.. if you guys are wondering what good does it do heres the info i copied that sells egr block off plates.

ill post up pics when hes done making 1
    __________________________________________________ _________
    The EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve is an emissions control device which lowers the combustion temperature in the engine. A lower combustion temperature means lower NOx (nitrogen oxide) emissions. It accomplishes this by allowing exhaust gases to be recirculated into the intake manifold through a EGR valve. The exhaust acts as an inert gas in the combustion chamber which limits the effectiveness of the combustion event. Some people refer to this as "dirtying" the intake air so it won’t burn as well as it should. Ironically, the EGR emission control actually causes an increase in HC (hydrocarbon) emmissions.

This can be avoided by blocking off the EGR valve so the exhaust gasses can’t recirculate. Comes with a pair of CNC machined plates and instructions. This is relatively easy modification (about 30 minutes). Installing this will not only improve your combustion (which will increase your power) but the intake charge will become much cooler without hot exhaust gasses being injected into it.

cool, ill buy one of you, if your dad macks extras

Comment

i made on when i had my accord.....very easy to do with some aluminum, tin snips, and a drill and bit. make the shape,cut it out and bolt it on. simple as that.u should have him make shit loads and sell them......

Comment

i was wondering about this but does it throw a code sense the egr sensor will be unpluged
        www.2camcrew.com

Comment

if all goes well.. ill ask how much material and how many my dad can make.. if i have a group buy.. it might be even cheaper.

i was thinkin about using the sheet metal idea.. but i rather have something looking more cleaner. so i took advantage of my dad and asked him.. he said he can make it... so we'll see!

Comment

please enlighten me pros/cons of this mod

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

pros - more torque
              cons - fails smog

Comment

hmm sounds good to me cause smog is not an issue, what about fuel mileage, isnt the EGR to help with that?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                  hmm sounds good to me cause smog is not an issue, what about fuel mileage, isnt the EGR to help with that?
                  fuel mileage will go down.. but its not a noticeable difference.. its basically just for emissions purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by SSDH22Accord
                    fuel mileage will go down.. but its not a noticeable difference.. its basically just for emissions purpose.
                    i might be interested let us know!
                    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

right now my dad is making the air boost block off plate..im waitin for him to come home so i can see how that came out.. i took off my EGR earlier and saw how filthy it was.. it had a lot of carbon build up.. i should of took pictures before i cleaned it out.. but you guys prolly would have the same results if you saw yours.. just think of all that crap in your intake manifold..

im gonna have my dad make it tomorrow also if he has the time..but usually hes very bored at work so he'll get the job done easily.

Comment

so are you gonna give us a cb7tuner hook up price or what?

Comment

ill try to bump it down to a reasonable price... but of course cb7tuner is gonn a have the lowest price.

the san diego guys are prolly gonna have first dibs because they are local. but ill take pics as soon as i get it done.

i see you like leah dizon... my homie is the co-owner for babeblvd and i got all her photoshoots/videos/bloopers in my computer

Comment

i dont just like her im in love with her! lol

.zip it all up and send it to me!

Comment

will it throw a cel code if no please explain how this will work if the egr valve has an electrical connector? please post pics
                              92 accord dx....traded
                              97 accord ex....traded
                              93 civic si ....stolen
                              96 tercel ....sold
                              97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
                              97 civic 4door b16 sold
                              04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

Working...
                              X