Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Governer Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Governer Removal

Does anyone know how to remove the governer off a 91 Accord LX. Ive looked all over and I cant find anything.

I don't even know that they put them on these cars. I have a 92', fastest I've gone was 110mph and the gov. never kicked in.

Comment

i never hit it either, got over 130 and the needle kept going (dont try this at home kids)

Comment

get your ecu chipped the govener is in the ecu and one is on the plug on the tranny when the signal goes over peak top speed the ecu sends a signal to the engine to cut out the fuel injectors in otherwords it makes you momentarily slow down just chip the ecu u have for he top speed but be careful .

Comment

Yeah, this has already been covered before too. Lx has a governer that kicks in around 115-120 mph and the ex has one at 130.

Comment

yea i was also wondering the same thing, my LX governer kicks in around 115

wheres a good place to get a chipped ecu or a place to send out the ecu to get it chipped?
            2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

mine is at 180

Km/H :P
              MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
              i pulled over and looked under the hood.
              the engine was still there...
              ...silly light!

Comment

Hondata

http://www.hondata.com

Comment

Working...
                X