Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dh-racing head package!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dh-racing head package!!!!

ok so i was looking at the dh-racing site and i have decided that i am going to get the complete head package....new p&p head, performance camshaft, custom intake manifold with tappered TB, racing valve springs, retainers, stainless steel oversized valves (.5mm),diamond milling, machined big port! of course there is no way i can afford the $2500 package but, would it be worth it though. i mean i am going to email them and see exactly what they would recommend for my block and for N/A setup and see if i can get a deal. what do u guys think. i mean i am totaly set for sticking with the f block and i am all for N/A so don't say do a swap or turbo lol and it would probably take me like 6months to save up that kind of money so i got some tiem to think this through.....thanks in advance

o and i have checked like 3 different sites regarding head packages and services and what not and i fell most comfortable with dh-racing...also i think a few of you guys on here have recommended them!
    My members ride thread

Go for it...They look promising. I heard mixed reviews about KMS so I was not too comfortable with them. Although, the good stuff was pretty wicked.

Comment

dude you are instore for a wild ride, there shit is the bomb, dave will even work a payment plan out for you

VTEC I dont need no stinkin Vtec

Comment

i dont know if this is for your h22 or f22, but if its for the f22 i dont think it will be worth it.

let us know what happens.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

If u got the money go for it!!! It sure will be an interesting ride after that!!!

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
            i dont know if this is for your h22 or f22, but if its for the f22 i dont think it will be worth it.

let us know what happens.
            dont listen to him he is full of shit i have seen a dyno sheet from the same set up that you want and it made almost 243hp and reved to 9k the owner of the car then boosted it and hit 368 hp

Comment

9k, needs more mods, like better block... . A block rebuild was there for sure.

Comment

ty guys for the support....yes it is for the f22a4. payment plans eh...well i guess it will happen sooner than i thought. bc 2500 is like damn alot of money. lol i love this forum! i will def give them a call/email and see what they say....i will update u guys on what happens. i'm sooo excited.
                My members ride thread

Comment

Horsepower...I hope this is not like the GUDE performance crap...15whp gain. I would really have went nuts if i bought that crap.

Comment

2500hun on an f22a4? thats a total waste of money.. and i highly doubt it will many any sort of high end power with out the block being built.
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                      2500hun on an f22a4? thats a total waste of money.. and i highly doubt it will many any sort of high end power with out the block being built.
                      again to each his own..... 2500 for my f22 may be a waste of money to you but the money for a swap is a waste of money IMO. and yes the block will be built in due time....i can't takle it all at once, what do i look like a wallstreet broker ? lol the block will be home for new forged pistons,rods crankshaft and the whole works. but that is for another year lol

just have a peak at dh-racing.com and u tell me what u think! looks legit to me and i think the power gains will be pretty good. when i get my spray and maybe even turbo it, i think i would have a good ass foundation....so right now to some it may seem like a waste of money but in the long run it is a smart ass investement! ty for input though either way.
                      My members ride thread

Comment

I've been looking into dh-racing for a while now they seem to be pretty good with there work. but man go all out I love seeing people push N/A cb7's to the limit.
                        always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

fill the block after you have it xrayed for stress fractures a coast guard vessel station has the means to do it for a fee

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=26368&page=1

^ examples of DH Racing's work (Dave Hickman)

I've had a F22 head being worked up for quite a bit now. I'm awaiting it's shipment soon. I will inform you all with pics when I receive it and the various other goodies that are coming with it (i.e. H23 intake plenum, crank pulley, etc). This head is coming with www.f22parts.com 's upgraded single valvetrain already assembled on it. I sent him those parts.
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Chris- I know you're planning on it and I don't really speak from experience, but it's def. time to up your CR quite a bit! Maybe you could find just an F22ax block for dirt cheap and work on building that Just a thought, I do appreciate you keeping your F N/A

Comment

Working...
                              X