Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cold Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Air Intake

I ordered a generic ebay cold air intake and it came in. I can't seem to use the cold air, i can only use short-ram because the piping for the cold air wont go all the way to the fender, it comes short of the fender. Anyone got any sugesstions on how i can do this?
    CB7 Tunin'

its not supposed to go to the fender...there is a hole near the battery to have to make bigger. it goes in that

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Easy and simple

You have to line the cold air extention to where it will lead under your front end support. Using a whole saw kit and a power drill you will need to cut into the support for the cold air extention. It goes the same way for the intercooler set up. the pipe connects in the intercooler on the buttom but instead of the intercooler being there your intake cone will take the place of that. if you still dont know how to do it look for an installation guid on the net and it will show you. or buy the hynes extream import book. It gives you all the installing guides for just about everything you can install aftermarket on your car, they are step by step instructions
      When you need something to cheer you up on a bad day..Buy a honda..

Esco

www.teamundergroundimports.com

Comment

Yeah in order to put the cold air intake extension piping through that other hole. You then have to widen out the hole a bit more just enough for it to fit.

Comment

any tips on making the hole bigger?

Comment

im curious to know if anyone has any experience with the intake that drops to the lower front lip of a body kit and takes the look of an intercooler but its a CAI. how beneficial are they? do they work?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=cold+intake

browse through that. it was helpful to me. oddly enough if you browse the DIY section, you won't find this one in the list.....i searched for it manually and found it, and it said it was in the DIY section.....must be some kinna glitch i unno.

Comment

Working...
              X