Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

R/S Ratio??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R/S Ratio??

I always hear a lot of talk about rod stroke ratios and how important they are to high revving engines, and I was wondering what is the "ideal" ratio. Would it be the same for all engines or would it differ? What is the r/s ratio for the f22?

i can't remember so i'll have to research the answer for that question...maybe someone will beat me to it tho
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Would it be worth it to destroke the f22? Couldn't I balance the lost displacement with an overbore?

Comment

Well I'm not sure how high I would need to rev exactly. I have the valvetrain components pretty much planned out and I think everything else would be good for revs up to 10k or so they claim. I just want to be able to boost to around 15 psi. I'm not sure what kind of lag I will get or how high the turbo would be efficient so I was hoping to have as long of a powerband as possible. I don't want something that would spool up at 4k and not be able to rev over 6k since that would be pretty worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
          I don't want something that would spool up at 4k and not be able to rev over 6k since that would be pretty worthless.
          actually even if it doesnt spool till 4k thats only in first gear when you are at the track if you shift fast enough when you hit second gear you will be back at full boost in like 500 rpm boost doesnt always just go away every time you shift it just gets lowered a little.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

only if u take ur foot off the gas lol...Disclaimer: Don't try this at home kids
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yes thats true the allmight powershift will allow you to never llose boost. hondata has a special rev limiter that when you are shifting you never have to take your foot off the gas which is pretty cool but hell on trannys.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
              X