Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Moroso oil pan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moroso oil pan!

ok guys i need a new oil pan gasket and i figured while i'm under there i might as well replace the crappy stock oil pan that leaks from the drain plug anyway lol i was looking at moroso's 5.5quart oil pan. it like 350-400 bucks and then u need the oil pickup for anther 50-60bucks. now i am doing a serious N/A build up so this is definately worth it. does anyone have the moroso oil pan? any opinions?
    My members ride thread

I know AccordSiR has one, where is he?

Im assuming you have a H22.

Comment

Its good stuff. I have it on my Z. They also come baffled so it prevents oil starvation.

Comment

Adam has one (Fast93Accord) it is off the hook.

But he was telling me that they dont make them for the F22.
        He got his off an H22.
        I know it was sumthing along tthose lines...

Lets see if he chimes in...

Comment

I love it, it looks great, better then the stock oil pan. 5.5 quarts capacity, magnetic drain bolt. It made things easier for the oil return line from the turbo and has another fitting location to add a sensor for an oil temp gauge. Its the same pan for all H/F series. About to get one for my b20/vtec build in my eg6. Was worth the money that I spent on it.
          Carlos
          My Members Ride Page

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna say if it fits the H22 it WILL fit the F22.

Comment

From what I understand no good headers(sms,rmf,an-r etc...) clear the moroso pan...
              FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                From what I understand no good headers(sms,rmf,an-r etc...) clear the moroso pan...
                From what I was explained, it fits like stock...so if it clears the stock oil pan you should be good to go.

I'm planning on this for my setup as well.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Its like stock but its got the kick back area. It doesn't hang any lower then the stock oil pan so you shouldn't have a clearance issue with aftermarket headers.
                  Carlos
                  My Members Ride Page

Comment

i have it. Very nice piece of aluminum...
                    Its for H22/H23/F22
                    You need to remove all the OEM studs from your block. The 2 near the flywheel were a major pain... took a while...
                    You need to put loctite on the supplied studs and put them in. However you only put them in like a 1/2", dont bottom them out... Let them dry...
                    dont forget the speical pickup, its comes with a new gasket...
                    The only issue i had was on 1 or 2 holes the welds were very close and i had to use a smaller nut, and modify 1 nut... But all in all it is a very nice piece
                    Its supposed to hold 5.5qts without filter. My custom dp barey cleared it however...
                    12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                    11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                    F22a1
                    60-1 td06h turbo
                    Darton mid sleeves
                    85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                    Crower pro billet rods
                    Custom ported head.
                    KMS valves
                    F23 headgasket
                    ARP H23 headstuds
                    H23 upper intake manifold
                    F22a6 lower intake manifold
                    Intake manifold is gutted
                    AEM EMS 1040u
                    FIC 850cc injectors
                    Walbro 255 pump
                    H23 manual trans
                    Prelude shifter assembly
                    Forbidden short throw
                    Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

thanks guys for the responses.expensive (around 450 for everything), i will be ordering it within a month or so. i will let u know what comes about from this little endeavor
                      My members ride thread

Comment

i'm also about to buy this, does it come with a MAGNETIC DRAIN BOLT or do i have to buy one separetly?

Comment

It comes with one.

Also, I had to trim the flywheel cover thing (Thin sheetmetal cover on the bottom of the tranny) just a little bit when I installed mine.

L8r
                          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                          01-01-2019

Comment

i just bought one and it didnt even cost $400 for the pan and pickup and new gasket...i read in an article that in hard cornering it starves the engine of oil...but i dont know if they had the aftermarket oil pickup...but i still bought it cuz that was the only bad thing i ever heard and i really dont plan on doing any real hard cornering...plus i like the two bungs for oil drain and oil temp...

Comment

Working...
                            X